Walnut Earrings

How did it take me so long to cut earrings? Medium walnut plywood proofgrade.

I bought a few files from etsy to try, and printed them as-is. They are for cutting the fake leather earrings on a plotter and so could use a few modifications (like the point on the teardrop should be rounded for the jump ring to hang nicely through the thicker material). Can’t wait to make some with my own designs.

image image

44 Likes

Oooh! Pretty! :grinning:

3 Likes

Those are great, thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Nice job. Very pretty.

2 Likes

Right!? I never considered jewelry making in my crafting (LONG time craft nut, before the GF). But now… It’s fairly easy to create amazing pieces… Looking forward to creating many necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.

YOU are certainly off to a great start!

3 Likes

These are really pretty!

1 Like

One fun thing I have found with earrings is exceptional versatility with resources.
Once the design is functional, you can push it onto acrylic, leather, or wood.
Some with etch/score highlights may require a little more tweak, but even that is not always necessary.

Jewelry is what got me excited initially about two color acrylic. It can really make a set of earrings pop.

4 Likes

Ooooo, nice in the walnut!

1 Like

Great work. Are these using PG hardwood walnut or the PG walnut plywood? I’ve made pendants with regular hardwood but found they snapped really easily along the grain. I’m assuming the PG plywood, which is just a veneer on PG draftboard is much more robust across all dimensions.

2 Likes

They are the plywood, I learned my lesson early on about hardwood

1 Like

Thank you! Now I feel absolved.

2 Likes