Warranty

I did that - every time someone reports a problem with their unit I check to see if my new Pro has the same problem and so far, so good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You do remember that as an early adopter your warranty is a year on the Basic and 18 months on the Pro? It was in the December 2016 update. I donā€™t remember when the warranty changed for new buyers but you bought long before that.

2 Likes

Oh. Youā€™re serious. I had been reading you as tongue in cheek this whole time. Haha.

3 Likes

Yep. But I got my first unit inā€¦ what was itā€¦ May? June? I think it was June. And then my current unit inā€¦ maybe it was August. I keep planning on testing those things I want to test, but, you knowā€¦ life gets in the way.

Uhhā€¦ Wellā€¦ I donā€™t take many things very seriously. So while the questions should be taken as ā€œrealā€ questions that require answers, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve presented my case with a little tongue, and at least 2 cheeks. Thatā€™s just me.

2 Likes

Weā€™re on day three of this inquiry. Should be hearing back soon.

3 Likes

Thanks for asking! Weā€™re sorry for the delayed response on our end.

The Glowforge warranty begins the day your original, or first, Glowforge ships. The extra 6 months of warranty you received for being a Founder applies to your Glowforge Basic or Pro, and is in addition to the 6 or 12 months that began the day your original printer shipped.

If your Glowforge has to be replaced for an authorized warranty claim, the replacement printer will be under warranty for the remainder of your original Glowforgeā€™s warranty period.

@Tom_A, you should have just received an email from us with details about your warranty period. Iā€™m going to close this thread. If there are any additional questions, please create a new post or follow up via email to support@glowforge.com.

2 Likes