Help! My machine was working fine and now it will not center. I saw that in another post the person had to check to see if the lid was properly functioning and it has been. Here are photos of the inner lid. It starts and I hear a quick whirl of the motors but that’s it. Nothing happens.
It literally was working a day ago and now it’s not. Any help would be appreciated.
I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge is not centering.
I extracted logs from your Glowforge and it looks like it was able to connect successfully to your network, but it may be having trouble maintaining a stable connection. When this is the case, you won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but you may see an “Offline” message or not be able to calibrate.
The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.
- Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
- Turn off your Glowforge
- Unplug your modem
- Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
- Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on
If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:
Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
- Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
- Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
- Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
- Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
- Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.
I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
I did all of this PLUS I checked all the cables, reconnected the printer head cable, dusted the machine and cleaned the lens. FINALLY it’s working again.
Thank you for your help!!! It is greatly appreciated.
That is fantastic news. I’m so glad to hear that your printer is back up and running again. Going forward should you run into any troubles along the way, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us here at Glowforge for assistance. We’ll be available and happy to provide you with assistance when needed. That said, I’m going to close this topic/chat. Thank you.