Was my glowforge used before I got it? Tube is a little orange? Damage found

Posting this here after not hearing back from GF. It’s nearly the weekend, I was so excited to use my machine!

Hey guys, after a few weeks wait I got 1 of 2 boxes yesterday… and the machine has defects all over it and what looks like use to me. I feel like instead of getting a new unit, I was sold a refurbished model… I’ve found chips in paint, dust inside near the fan, the rubber feet keep coming undone, scratches on the bottom , metal showing previous hardware placement, chipped mirror right as soon as it’s opened, color changes in the metal, etc. As soon as I opened the door the huge glass chip in the center near the door hinge was totally obvious, I thought that it was one of the mirrors and really got stressed right away…

Someone told me the orange coloring of the tube indicates it’s been used before. I know these have to be tested but I’m afraid this was in someone elses possession and will have problems…

Does anyone else have this experience? It’s such a hassle to send back… and I know since it took a few weeks, they are probably tight on inventory but cmon, I’ve purchased HP printers with better quality construction than this… which makes me think this is NOT a new unit… which makes me nervous it’s gonna die on me, because who knows what else could be wrong with it

t?

These is dust on the top part of the chassis where it meets the caseback, and see the yellow line in the background of this last photo - looks like heat or something caused burning at that seam?

I am sorry to hear that your Glowforge arrived to you in this condition. We’re working to get this resolved now, I’ve followed up with you in our email so I am going to close this thread out.

1 Like