Water Pump sounds like a downspout

I’ve noticed my unit has started sounding like water running down a downspout on the outside of the house. I don’t see any water or have many bubble in the cooling tube but this wasn’t normal so I needed to ask.

The main source of sound is the exhaust fan. Are you using an inline fan? Have you cleaned the fan blades and exhaust grill lately? Could you have something stuck in the intake vent?

1 Like

Hello @R-Snodgrass,

Thank you for reaching out to us. There are two areas of your Glowforge that contain fluid, the coolant reservoir and the laser tube. If there is a leak in either of those areas you might see fluid in the bottom of your Glowforge on the left side or along the back.

Please inspect both the coolant reservoir, on the left side of your Glowforge and the laser tube for any cracks or damage. If any damage or fluid is found, please send us a photo.

If no fluid or damage is found, please send us a short video of the sound and the laser tube when the unit is on. We’ll review the video and provide next steps.

Please let us know what you find. Thank you!

Hi @R-Snodgrass

It’s been a little while since I’ve heard back from you. I hope that’s because everything worked out! If not, just let me know and we’ll get it solved.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.