We Are All Mad Here

I don’t usually like engraving on walnut it’s is harder to see then maple, but I really like how this turned out

62 Likes

Looks great

2 Likes

That looks great. Gives it a bit of a vintage look!

2 Likes

Very cool! (And very true!) :smile:

5 Likes

Nice definition. Good job getting the char/soot off

3 Likes

Have you been to my house with all the kids & grand kids? We all go mad. Love the look of it,.

3 Likes

I like it, too!

2 Likes

Cute! Is it a pin? It would be perfect for that.

2 Likes

Yes, this one is a pin!

1 Like

where do you get the pin “mounts”

I’ve not looked and if you have a good suggestion that would be super.

I’m thinking of awards for field hockey players to accumulate on their gear bags.

1 Like

Can’t speak for OP, but these are what I get: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072B9XGZ4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

As for the pin, this came out great!

1 Like

So those hold up well?

thanks for the pointer!

I figure a dab of epoxy and they would be good to go.

1 Like

I agree with it being harder to see, however, this looks great!

1 Like

They’ve held up well over the years for me, but different people use different adhesives. People swear by E6000 but I have never been able to get it to work. I use some Dap super glue, and others have said they can’t get that to work. I always stress test the posts a day after gluing them to make sure they aren’t going to break, so it just comes down to experimentation to figure out what works for you

2 Likes

Those are the ones I use and they work fine However get the ones that are has a bigger pin head so you can use more glue. More surface area, more durable.

3 Likes

I use E6000 and for light wear it’s fine. Most people like to decorate bags which get thrown around so I reinforce it by over lapping dome the mount with epoxy or gorilla clear glue once the e6000 dries. Never had it break after that

2 Likes

yes that is what I’m going for. being able to put the “charm pin” on a field hockey bag.

You are the kind of artist I love, making sure the product is durable. I hate lovely stuff that breaks easily.

1 Like

I had a couple pins break, I ask the customers how they use them before I replace so I found out that way so I evolved! I don’t get rough with my bags so didnt think how others wear and tear. Actually I don’t really use pins on bags. I like key chain type charms on bags :slight_smile:

2 Likes