We DO need those badges :)

Vending again at the 2nd Star Festival in Oregon this month ( 2nd Star Festival 2019 ), and the organizers asked me to once again do the Vendor/Artist access badges using a simplified version of this year’s poster – only about twice as many as last year :open_mouth:

So, 176 badges later :smile:

47 Likes

Wow

5 Likes

Fantastic. And almost impossible for anyone unathorized to “forge” (pardon the pun).

8 Likes

How long did the engrave take you? Looks like a big job.

3 Likes

Cool!
Tokens paid my forge off - plus cost of the next tube.
Did you have much design work to do?

3 Likes

That two-toned engrave looks great, and amazing that you did so many of them!

4 Likes

Each batch of 20 (what I could get out of a sheet of Maple ply proofgrade) took just under 4 hours to engrave, score and cut. Then it took 3-4 minutes each to weed the coating off, but that was almost meditative…

4 Likes

I used the free plaque design from GF as the basic shape and layout – it looks good and the 2 triangle cutouts in the upper corners are perfect for attaching the neck cord so the badge always faces forward (most festival badges have a single point of attachment and are always flipping around backwards). The artwork is a simplified version of this year’s festival poster that I worked with in PhotoShop to make black and white and then get it optimally prepared for engraving…

6 Likes

They look great! I’m sure you were glad to see the last batch done!

3 Likes

I can identify with that…I am an odd one in here…I enjoy weeding.

6 Likes

They do look great!

1 Like

Impressive!

1 Like

Very good engraving.

Wow!

1 Like

Not that anyone on these forums really minds the aroma of proofgrade ply, but I feel compelled to mention that, at least temporarily, these probably were actual stinking badges. [runs and hides]

6 Likes

I have a big sheet of cheap luann that I did a lot of cutting on in my car. My car is going to smell like barbecue for a while.

2 Likes

cool project - thanks for sharing.

~ Jason

BTW - I haven’t met anyone in real life with the first name Rand other than my Dad.
It’s my middle name, and my son’s middle name.

1 Like

A quick cleaning with Hand cleaner and no more stink.

1 Like

LOL!!!
:smile:

Great shading on the tags. Love the art work

1 Like