We engineered a pooping-horse

Well, in this case it would have been from the horse’s mouth, so not as embarrasing.

@henryhbk It sounds like a firm stool evacuates better than a loose stool?

1 Like

OMG I swear this group…get them going on April Fools or Halloween and you better bring a kleenex because you will be laughing so hard reading their posts…this did not disappoint. you are a riot!

3 Likes

I bet your house is the favorite every year and the kids are telling their parents next year…we HAVE to go to the pooping horse house! LOL Nice putting a voice to a ‘masked face’ LOL Man you would be such a fun neighbor to have…makerspace in the basement and so fun on holidays!

1 Like

The indoor is way better when we have the party. My pumpkin margaritas are from scratch.

1 Like

I love the witches … oh my goodness!

You are a true fun-loving person. Excellent work!

3 Likes

Will you share that recipe? (hey I’m not asking for a free file; so I’m in compliance here, right?) :wink: I have a son (25) that we always meet every Fall for a pumpkin smoothie from the local coffee shop. I’d love to surprise him at the house with a pumpkin margarita!!

I’ll share the watermelon margarita one that has become our favorite (it’s from online but it is very good)

The key is making the pumpkin syrup (otherwise it’s like any other margarita- and yes I still put in the lime, it does enhance the flavor making it bright and refreshing). So the way I make the pumpkin syrup is I take a larger can of the pumpkin (I have found the Libby’s 100% pumpkin works better than Trader Joe’s), then I add 2 cans of water, 1 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice (since what everyone calls pumpkin flavor is really pumpkin spice) this can be according to taste, since these spices vary in intensity. Now you simmer with occasional bubble coming to the top, and you need to stir constantly or it will scorch to the bottom. After it has greatly reduced, you put it in a Rubbermaid pitcher to cool. It;s very hot with a lot of thermal mass, so I leave it on the counter until the outside is Molly warm, then into the fridge for a day.

When you take it out it needs a stir. Now this tuff is pretty gloppy, and so when you make up the margarita I find you really have to aggressively stir the pumpkin in, and you may find the margarita is very thick, and so you can add more margarita base as you see fit (in a pinch I have found you can use the Jose Cuervo golden margarita mix (already has the tequila) so you aren’t neglecting your guests making the f=drink. At our Halloween have a 3 gallon dispenser full of the stuff and often go through at least 4-5 gallons so using the pre-mix lets me refill in a few seconds. Not the pumpkin tends to come out of solution when just sitting there, so I have a long wooden spoon nearby to stir.

Note it looks terrible (brown thick margarita) but tastes exactly like a real alcoholic liquid pumpkin pie… plus it’s high in fiber!

I slice several lemons and limes and float them on top, mostly for looks but also for taste. You will need a sign if it’s not being served as nobody is pouring weird brown liquid on their own!

Other fun items are deviled eyeballs: (blood is beat juice, pupil is a black olive) we have done of those ice-tray plates to keep the eggs over the evening With the Mayo in it.

Eventually had to change the sign to a edge-lit one as it’s too hard to see the draft board one on the crazy lighting. I also learned some people didn’t grasp that it was alcoholic (why someone would want a pumpkin flavored brown sludge that wasn’t is beyond me)

5 Likes

An update for @rodrigobrionesm from the Halloween post above, my son continues on to getting his ATP, just having completed his instrument stage check, and then onto commercial. Along with the program where he will become a CFI and CFII, he signed up for the optional MEI (which requires a year commitment to teach at UND post-graduation) since it turns out being an Envoy cadet they want you to do a multi-Engine instruction to future cadets. They are are only piper seminoles, but that’s legit multi-engine. I will say if you’ve never been out to UND you should take a trip. It’s the most amazing training fleet ever. There are 126 aircraft each more gleaming than the next all with full glass cockpits. They hanger them every night, and even before COVID they got cleaned every night. Plus josh found the local FBO who rents 172s, so he can fly for the worlds most expensive Dunkin’ Donuts run (the closest to grand forks is like 90 minutes away - so $400/dozen?). The last time he flew out there they were out of Boston cream donuts (he was angry), but he’s almost a third of the way to his restricted ATP (that restriction saves almost $100,000 of flying) plus once he’s an instructor someone else is paying for his hours!

3 Likes