Weak laser, will not cut 100%

I have used the glowforge for quite some time but it hasn’t been a year, i can cut a medium proofgrade draftboard but it will not fully cut through. I have to snap it off and the cut is visable but not 100% completed cut. My biggest issue is that when i cut the thick draftboard at proofgrade setting, it will not go all the way through. I have tried to slow down the laser and also tried two pass and it barely made a dent.

first photo shows the top has only one pass at proograde setting but doesn’t go all the way through, but the darker cut has two pass and barely made a dent as shown on the second photo.

Any advice?

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, so they’ll be along soon to help. In the meantime, here are some troubleshooting steps to try:

Oh no! I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag. I’d like to have you perform a standardized print for us to review.

At your earliest convenience, could you please do the following:

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.
  • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.

cleaning all three lens did the trick, i used zeiss lens wipe as instructed. Thanks

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!