Weak laser

Hello,
I have a problem with my machine, I just received my print head this afternoon.
I can burn my material but it is impossible for me to cut it, whatever the material.
The cutting is not done but we especially have the impression that the laser is not at all powerful …
Have you ever encountered this problem?
Yet I put the settings to the maximum but nothing helps

What kind of material are you trying to cut?

It usually helps with finding the problems if you can post pictures of one of the problem prints, front and back, so we can see what’s going on. There can be different causes for the machine not cutting through.

I tried medium, plywood and acrylic
I have the impression that the software does not keep the parameters in memory. When I look at the parameters it is 0 at the level of the cut. So I restart the parameters to the maximum and it “jumps” again

If the material is not Proofgrade, the software automatically resets to 1% power to keep people from accidentally ruining their material. When you use Proofgrade material or select one of the Proofgrade settings from the Materials button, the correct settings are loaded automatically for you.

But if you are working on something other than Proofgrade, you have to go in and set your settings in the Manual settings flyout. Otherwise, yes, you’re going to get nailed with 1% power.

There is a discussion on how to use the Manual Settings at the link below, along with a way of saving your own Custom Settings for various materials, so you don’t have to key them in each time. You just select your Custom Setting information that you saved and it populates all the slots.

Working With Manual Mode

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. The problem is that I use the settings saved in the machine, and even if I choose the manual settings they do not save

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble. I see you already emailed us about this, and I just followed up there. I’m going to close this thread so we can keep working on it via email.