Wearable canvas bag [Settings in thread Sept 21]

So with fabric its really the specific weight of the fabric that is also key and effects the settings. Not all canvas bags will have the same results with the same settings. Here is how engraving turned out on a 5oz bag with LIP at 270:

IMG_6184

There are options for helping strengthen the fabric so it holds up better with the engraving and washing. I go over the options in this post and will be updating it soon on the various cotton weights and go into duck cloths:

5 Likes

We area senior center in Woodbury, CT. We just received our Glowforge and this would be a PERFECT project for us!! Would you mind sharing the settings for printing onto a canvas bag? jtiso@woodburyct.org THANK YOU!!

Welcome to the forum.
I look forward to seeing how you put your Glowforge to good use.

1 Like

We would love to have your settings if you would kindly share. We have our Glowforge on, canvas bag loaded and awaiting the magic numbers :slight_smile:
Thank you!
Loryn
lray@woodburyct.org
The Woodbury Senior Center
or our Glowforging Program Assistant Jennifer
jtiso@woodburyct.org

Since this is posted in Beyond the Manual, you are allowed to share the settings publicly if you are willing to do so. It will save you time answering everyone privately.

1 Like

Depth .125
Speed 1000
Power 20
LPI 125
Focus .125

8 Likes

Hi There May I have your settings as well?

Welcome to the forum.
They are in the post above yours.

2 Likes

Depth .125
Speed 1000
Power 20
LPI 125
Focus .125

2 Likes

Would love to know your settings, I am a new owner and have some muslin bags I would like to try this on. Thanks!! This looks fantastic!

The setting are given here in the forum. Please read the post right before yours - Speed 1000 Power 20 LPI 125

2 Likes

Could you please share your settings with me as well?
This looks great. Thank you!

Welcome to the community! See the posts above yours :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks awesome!! If you wouldn’t mind, could you please send it to me as well. Thank you!!

Welcome to the forum.
The settings are three posts above yours.

1 Like

I would love the settings as well, if possible. The bag looks amazing!

The settings are posted 7 posts before yours.

1 Like

Doh! Thank you :slight_smile:

FYI, they wash away without pre or post treatment. Make sure you pick your proper use case :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine didn’t wash away…weird.