Wearable canvas bag [Settings in thread Sept 21]

I would love the settings as well, if possible. The bag looks amazing!

The settings are posted 7 posts before yours.

1 Like

Doh! Thank you :slight_smile:

FYI, they wash away without pre or post treatment. Make sure you pick your proper use case :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine didn’t wash away…weird.

I have engraved the exact bag from hobby lobby and used the setting of 1000/20. Here are some series on it and photos showing the wash out and what can be done to prevent the washing out:

https://community.glowforge.com/t/washing-engraved-canvas

https://community.glowforge.com/t/glowforging-my-fabric-scraps

I guess it can depend on your definition of washing out. So I guess a more accurate way of saying it is that more than 50% of the design ash will wash off the canvas bag after engraving. That is because the cotton base creates more ash with the laser then a base like polyester.

If you wash your cotton bag without treatment then at least 50% of design ash will wash out, just like it did for you.

Hello, do you mind sharing the settings for this project with me? Thank you!

The settings were shared. Look at the Spet. '21 post.

Thank you very much!!!

Hi! Could I please have the setting for the bag?
Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hello, I love the bag, I’ve been practicing on a canvas hat. Can I have the settings?

Depth .125
Speed 1000
Power 20
LPI 125
Focus .125

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: sorry, I’m dying from laughter from this thread.

Just laughing because of how many times the settings were asked for after this comment. I know they weren’t all back to back, that time has passed, but it looks so funny.

I think it’s possible for you to edit your very first post in this thread to include the settings along with the picture.

I would be very interested to see how many ask for the settings after that. :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

This entire post…over two years time…is in the typical format that people use on the GUG Facebook page. Makes me weary just reading it. :grin:

2 Likes

I am trying to learn how to engrave on canvas also. Could you please send me the settings? And how did you get it to lay flat on the honey comb?

Thanks in advance

They are in this thread…please look 3 posts up from your own.

3 Likes

i used comb pins to hold it down otherwise the wind from inside will cause the bag to move. also if it has a knot in the bag handle be mindful of that so it doesnt block the laser.

Thank you

Could you send me the settings that you used on the canvas bag? I see it has been a while, but I am new and I am trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks !!
Helen