Wedding time -Signature Book and Plaque

Our nephew is getting married in a couple of days, and they asked us to help them with their guest book. Which of course we said yes. :grin::grin:

The settings for the book are: thin natural leather proofgrade HD Graphic.
the book is bound with a long stitch book binding. I was really grateful that i could combine my leather and laser passions for this project.

29 Likes

Very nice! I bet they LOVED that stuff!

Curious, did you leave the overlap on purpose or forget to unite? Honestly, I kinda like the overlap effect in this case!

1 Like

iโ€™m not 100% sure what you mean by overlap. if youโ€™re asking about the stitching on the back, thats intentional. its a way to stitch the pages directly to the leather, no glue needed.

1 Like

In the script font for โ€œJacobsonโ€ where the letters overlap each other. I would usually unite the paths so the overlapping parts come out as they appear on-screen. But, like I said, I really kinda like it better your way in this case!

1 Like

gotcha, yeah i dont think we though about removing that, but i agree with the font style we like how it turns out.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! Very nice work :sunglasses:
Yes, when vectors overlap they cancel.
I use Inkscape, so after typing the text, Path>object to path, Object>ungroup, Path>unite.
The overlap can be more easily seen in outline mode, View>outline.

1 Like

Welcome. Nice gift.

1 Like

Wow! Probably the nicest guest book ever!

Wow, you made sure your first posting here was a doozy! Very nice job on both the items.

1 Like

Very nice work! The newlyweds will treasure that book!

1 Like