Weeding tool recommendations

10 Likes

The tweezers are a neat idea. I’ve never thought to add those to my bag.

I’ve been using this set for about 2 years now on my Silhouette vinyl cutter. Even with all the options, I like the straight pick the best for nearly every application. Cheaper than things designed for “crafting” but just as effective.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NPPBQK/

2 Likes

Funny thing about the sets.

I thought it was a great idea, (like many of you probably). With an assortment you will always have a pic for whatever need arises.

I use ONE. The one with the 45 degree nub. The same one that has been my go to from the beginning. Thankfully, the others will not rust, sitting all unused on the shelf.

As a saving grace I tell myself that without an assortment, I would never have known which one would be my favorite.

7 Likes

I use a cheap set of dental picks…I think I got them from harbor freight…if the tip gets a bit dull, I run it over some sandpaper and it sharpens right up…lol

6 Likes

I use a pointy bamboo skewer and a pair of stitch-pulling tweezers left over from when I used to live close enough to periodically go through my doctor brother’s (not @timjedwards) collection of leftover unused parts from disposable stitch-removal kits.

3 Likes

Grabbed those from the nurse, the last time I had stitches removed !
John :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Oh, a small rectangular scrap of acrylic can come in very handy, too. Works kinda like the plastic razor blades. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Whaaat - for removing stitches?

3 Likes

Yeah, just scrape 'em right off. :crazy_face:

Ugh. <looks at bandage-swathed ankle> On second thought, maybe I’d better hold off on the stitch removal jokes for a bit! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

At least with chocolate dipping forks they tell you ahead of time that you’ll only really use one, but everyone likes a different one so you get the set and figure it out.

1 Like

My favorite is still just a plain old sharp #11 x acto blade

1 Like

This was a revelation. I signed up for the https://mechanicalgifs.com/ model of the month club, and they each come with a “peeling tool”, which is a just a stick of acrylic with rounded ends. It does a really good job of scraping off the more tedious bits.

General%20Instructions%20%E2%80%94%20Mechanical%20Gifs%202018-08-17%2011-17-56

4 Likes

Most of the time I just use Alcohol Hand Cleaner to dissolve the adhesive (as well as any residue) and even the tiniest pieces just float off or at worst as of necessity all the parts need to be connected you can pull gently on one place and the mask is strong enough to hold all the other bits off as well, a soft toothbrush works well then also.

2 Likes

I prefer a SPOON for chocolate. :wink:

3 Likes

So do I for making nut clusters.

Oh, that’s probably not what you meant.

2 Likes

Pretty sure there’s a cluster of nuts here :yum:

5 Likes

If we could just figure out how to ditch the cherry so there is room for the nuts.

5 Likes

:heart::rofl:

1 Like

I’m a bit of a geek for tools, and I looked at different types – but ultimately I use one or two old dental tools I have for sculpting, and my thumbnail :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like