Week 1: Bring on the science!

It was a slow first week due to Passover and a stomach bug, but I’m very impressed with this piece of machinery! In a past life, I had an Etsy shop with science-inspired letterpress prints. I’m working through some of my old designs re-done with the laser and making some new stuff. Hoping to have the Etsy shop back up and running within a few more weeks.

First up after the obligatory ruler was some lasered matzoh:

Now comes the science! We got together like cytosine and guanine :heart: (those are two of the four bases in DNA).

CytosineGuanine

A karyotype (chromosome set) for a geneticist friend pregnant with a girl (hence the XX chromosomes being emphasized).

This little test tube desk toy for a friend’s birthday, also available in Free Laser Designs.

In the non-science realm, today was our nanny’s one year anniversary, so I whipped this up as a gift from the kiddo. It looks awesome engraved and scored from the back!

Finally, a few gifts for a friend. A knitting necklace plus Sharpie for color, and her massage therapy practice logo on a keychain (with a QR code on the back to her website in case she ever doesn’t have a card).

I’m looking forward to digging in more! I love how much drag-and-drop there is with this machine, and how the Proofgrade just works.

48 Likes

Coolness abounds! (And I really like the little knitting necklace too!) :grinning:

3 Likes

Love all of them, but the chromosome plate gift and the keychain were my favorite!

2 Likes

Those are all really awesome and beautiful! Great work!

2 Likes

Some amazing designs here! You’ve really got geek flair.

2 Likes

Very nice projects! The test tube project will certainly be appreciated!

2 Likes

Fun stuff! Adding your friend’s QR code to the keychain is clever.

2 Likes

A wide variety of projects … Thank you for posting … They look great!