Weekend Projects: Custom Wine Box & Quick Pendant

My wife and I will be meeting up with some relatives in a couple weeks and plan to give them a bottle of Chianti we bought on our trip to Italy last year. The bottle’s a bit fat for a typical wine bottle holder so … type to create something on the EZForge!

Not the best box out there, I’m sure but I’m still learning the ins and outs of Illustrator, etc. I was working on making a box from scratch, but I can’t remember where I saw the excellent video tutorial on making boxes with illustrator for the laser so I used a web box maker. Still, a lot of fun with this project. Also, a short while ago, my wife was going through some jewelry parts and one thing led to another and I ended up making the pendant in the photo. It’s amazing how easy and quick that is with the glowforge… :slight_smile:

20180401_191033!

!
!
20180401_190929!

!
!
!

!

33 Likes

Lovely box! Really suits the bottle of bubbly! (Yeah, I know it’s not champagne, but I’m going for alliterative license.) :grinning:

2 Likes

Nice favor.
Don’t think that is one that will get re-gifted.

2 Likes

It looks pretty awesome to me :smile:

2 Likes

Seconded! It looks really great, I’d love to receive something that has so much thought and attention put into it (plus the wine inside :wink:)!

2 Likes

Wow, great projects! You got some great shading on that wine bottle image, and the pendant.

2 Likes

Looks amazing! I’m sure you can’t wait to give it to them!

1 Like

Great idea using the cut-outs as added decoration. Beautiful job!

1 Like