Weeping Angel...Non-laser creativity

While I wait for my GF, I thought I’d share some of the other creative things my wife and I have made.
This is a Weeping Angel from Dr. Who. She’s made of fiberglass, foam, monster-mud, and other stuff. I have pictures of the build of anyone is interested

56 Likes

By now you must be really good at not blinking!

11 Likes

One eye at a time…

5 Likes

Wow! That is some sculpting work! (And I wanna go to your place for Trick-or-Treating this year.) :grinning:

8 Likes

…someone is interested. Had never heard of monster mud 'till now. Thanks for that!

6 Likes

15 Likes

24 Likes

This one (without wings) just about looks like Sally from TNBC, crying into her hands.

The one with the wings looks like a weeping angel from Dr. Who :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

WOW! That’s amazing!!!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m scared to blink and I’m just looking at a picture of it.

3 Likes

I was hoping to use my glowforge to make Halloween decorations. And Christmas gift too.

2 Likes

That is super. Every time I see a post like this I inch closer to beginning the prop-making hobby, which I have been thinking about for years. (My ultimate goal is a full-sized Stargate, but I suspect I may have to settle for a mostly-buried one instead. :slight_smile:)

TIL about Monster Mud, cool: http://www.madcityhaunt.com/blog/guide/what-is-monster-mud/

4 Likes

A half buried Stargate is half the cost!

I built a half buried TARDIS (using my daughter bed for parts), from the episode “The Rebel Flesh”.

6 Likes

Pictures a half-buried Tardis coming out of the floor of her library…:star_struck:

8 Likes

Ooh! Nice! This triggered an idea for my next kegerator build. Pouring beer from a partially buried TARDIS would be amazing.

5 Likes

Brilliant! I love the short cuts! The finished product is amazing, nice job!

1 Like