Weihnachtspyramide #2

A new Weihnachtspyramide design.

A little extra gemütlich / hyggelig to end the year with.

51 Likes

That’s so cool!

4 Likes

Another most excellent one! Love watching those. :smile:

4 Likes

How’d you do your spin mechanism? There has been some discussion in the past about reducing friction, did you have any issues?

2 Likes

I’ve never had a problem with friction using traditional Pyramidenschalenlager.

1 Like

Oh man so much Hygge

2 Likes

Ithinkthatsawesomeman!

8 Likes

That would be a great craft beer name! :rofl:

3 Likes

I love this!!

4 Likes

Gosh, it came out great! You could do some cool non traditional designs this way as well.

2 Likes

Oh I love this!!!

3 Likes

That’s just so awesome!! I have wanted to do one for a long time, didn’t know if it was possible!

4 Likes

That spins pretty fast!

3 Likes

Canting the blades increases/decreases the spin rate. 45° yields the highest rpm.

Edited: According to German woodworking forums, 30° is the faster.

8 Likes

Good info. I wouldn’t have even guessed changing the angle.

3 Likes

Love it!!

Was just telling one of our kids about the little brass one my mom had when I was a kid. It was my favorite decoration.

5 Likes

Pretty cool

1 Like

Lol. Only when dad wasn’t home.

Ding

Ding

Ding Ding

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

5 Likes

I love these. I think we have one in storage around here. Got it in Germany when stationed there. Nice work.

4 Likes

Oh oh oh! I have not seen one of these since we had a little metal angel one as a child. I loved taking it out every year and tradition of lighting it up to hear the bells. What a lovely design you have put together. Thank you for sharing the video. Happy holidays!

2 Likes