Weird inkscape question/challenge

I have a bunch of line segments at arbitrary angles. I want them to all be oriented horizontally. Anyone know of a plugin or anything that could to that?

I don’t, but if there is one it should be named “polarizer.”

2 Likes

You could make them all zero height but the length in 3d would not hold. If you were able to write your own script that could save the length first and then restore the length would do it.

I also want to rotate an original path and not have it rotate the resulting clones. it’s a tall order :wink:

Manual approach but you could move the axis of rotation to one end of the line segment, snapping that node to a known line horizontal and then rotating the other end of the line down till it snaps to the guide? What are you working on? can you share a section of it to better know what you are trying to do.

Side note: Happy Birthday @primal_healer! :partying_face::boom::dizzy::birthday::chocolate_bar::candy:

2 Likes

Side notes are the best notes :wink: thx for the happy bday.

1 Like

Literally thousands of line segments. Doing it manually just isn’t going to fly.

1 Like

Depends quite what you’ve got, but you may be able to either edit or create the SVG file in a text editor.

If they are all just lines - and especially if you know what the line lengths should be - you could definitely do it in a text editor.

I do not. I could do the trig to figure out the lengths and manually move them with a php script, I suppose.

1 Like

Actually yeah that’s what I’m going to do probably. More later. Thanks for thinking on it.

That would be a classic situation to accomplish with LISP in Autocad but I am not so good in python.

2 Likes

Oh I already did what I wanted. I made a script that color codes line segments based on length.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.