Weird preview render behavior

This is not a showstopper, although it is mildly irritating – I’m mainly posting this as a sort of “heads-up”.

I have a series of very simple SVGs that I use to cut specialized washers. Each file is just four circles.

As of this morning, the GFUI has trouble rendering these. If I import a file, the bed preview shows two solid black circles and claims there’s no artwork. If I then de-select them, click only one of the two black disks, and delete it then suddenly the remaining washer renders correctly and the “no artwork” warning goes away.

…if I then delete the remaining washer and RE-import the original SVG everything works fine & dandy from the outset with no issues, and the cut proceeds normally.

Every time. Upload a washers file, see black disks. Delete one, then the other suddenly appears normally. Delete it, RE-upload the washers file, and everything is completely normal.

…until I upload the next washers file, whereupon I start all over again with the rendering error and No Artwork.

Weird.

1 Like

happens a lot since the last GFUI update.

Simply refresh the browser page fixes it for me

3 Likes

Have been seeing that a lot in the last month or two, as well. As Houdini7 noted, just refresh the page, and it usually renders OK. Sometimes I have to completely reset the material type, but all in all, only a few moments of “sigh, not again” are a nuisance, but so far refresh is doing the trick!

I’m glad you were able to work around the problem.

We’re seeing this too, the team is looking into it and I’ll update the thread when I have more information.

Thank you for your patience. We’ve made a change that should resolve the issue you reported when working with your designs in the Glowforge app. Could you please try again and let me know if you’re still experiencing any trouble?

Seems to be behaving much better for me :slight_smile:

Seems better to me as well (sorry for the delay, it’s hot here so I can only run the laser occasionally).

Thanks a lot for following up to let me know. I’m glad to hear it! If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic and we’ll be glad to help. Alternatively, you can send an email to support@glowforge.com. Happy printing!