Welcome Sign using standoffs

A YMCA camp I volunteer for asked to make a new welcome sign, as the old one just says “OFFICE.” I made one in maple and clear acrylic, but the engraved acrylic didn’t show up like I’d hoped, so re-did it on walnut. I used 3/4" standoffs to mount to the wall.

53 Likes

Very nice!

I have made a few similar signs and they look amazing. I love creating signs like this. It is very satisfying!

3 Likes

Very nice of you to volunteer, and very nice of you to make such a nice sign.

6 Likes

These are gorgeous!

I love how much it pops with walnut, I thought it was lit up from behind it turned out so bright.

I just volunteered to make some award plaques – how do you like those standoffs?

5 Likes

This looks very nice. Well done!

4 Likes

The standoffs were purchased from amazon in like a 20 pack, and I’ve used them in a few projects that turned out great. Nice to have them on hand when something like this comes up.

3 Likes

The acrylic on the walnut really pops. They are lucky to have you as a volunteer and your skills with the :glowforge:

2 Likes

It’s disappointing when you have to re-do something to get the look you hoped for. With material costs being up, it is especially painful.

The final one looks amazing!

6 Likes

I agree, the walnut really looks better. There are not many things I prefer walnut for but this project is perfect for it.

4 Likes

Great looking sign.the walnut ups the classy look

2 Likes

Looks sooo good. I love it.

2 Likes

These looks awesome, however, as already stated, the walnut is the best one!

2 Likes

This is way better than a plain welcome sign! How inviting! :heart:

1 Like

Your work is always top notch.

3 Likes