Well, not entirely complicated. LOL

No rest for the weary! HAHA

File not ready for Classifieds. Soon though!

Got a message from someone on the GF FB Page and she wanted to know if I could make an Earring display stand that looked like real shutters. Yes, yes I can. LOL

18"H x 10.5"W x 1.25"D (each shutter)

The slats are movable to set them exactly how you want them. and the piece can be opened so it’s perfectly flat or anywhere in between. And folds up flat.

Fun little piece to make. Took 7 Boards (Because of the size) and really quick to put together. Obviously, it would look much better painted, but this is just the first print.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!

46 Likes

You board eater you! This looks like a great piece for if you have a booth somewhere… (which I did many years ago).

7 Likes

I’m always impressed by your work. But really, that’s a lot of boards! I think I’m being excessive when I order 80-100 boards at a time, but in terms of your projects, that’s like 1 or 2 completed works :rofl: :rofl: I really like this design though, it will definitely make a unique jewelry table display.

6 Likes

I try to keep them down, but I had no choice with this one. The size makes it harder. LOL

4 Likes

Do you have the blinds geared or connected, so they all open or close with the same movement?

(I am guessing, no. That could be too complicated.)

3 Likes

I promise I will cut down on boards in the future. LOL

2 Likes

Where are you getting all these boards? Every time I go to the shop, everything is sold out lol

Love the design by the way, very clever!

2 Likes

no clue where he is getting them, but I order through another laser company and just cut down the boards to the right size (they come in 12x24)

1 Like

I get mine from Alex Fuentes at Laser Wood Supplies on Etsy. He always has MDF in stock!

3 Likes

I thought about that but it would require more boards. LOL So I figured you could just move them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You might be able to do it with a string or cord? Just tie/attach it to each blade (on the inside?), then slide/pull up or down to move them all at once? Or after they are attached, just moving one could move the rest?

But if they are meant to display something, they would probably need more resistance than would be useful to link them all…

2 Likes

Yeah I thought of a million ways and then I just said, never mind. LOL

4 Likes

I mean I love a good challenge… but you can purchase stuff like this for $15, kind of hard for me to justify the design time, let alone lasering it up.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/236646359/plantation-shutters-solid-wood

2 Likes

They can’t all be winners! I enjoy the challenge of the design. I can actually make them in the shop, but I actually kinda like playing with ideas that lead to other things. And these cost me about $15 to make. :slight_smile: Only took about a half-hour to design them.

8 Likes

Half hour? Speedy!

2 Likes

Sounds speedy to me. My designs take days or weeks!

2 Likes

I am getting pretty fast on box design. LOL

1 Like

This would make a great travel game box with board (modified of course :woozy_face: or my pieces would fall out)

3 Likes

HAHA. Yeah, there are a lot of variations that could be done with this. I have a few in mind! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know. Seriously, it’s like he’s getting a kickback from the MDF Manufacturing Association :smiley:

4 Likes