Well this sucks!

Some of you may be familiar with the concept of Him Indoors.
He’s been having problems with his leg, which, being a bloke (that’s a man for our American cousins) and being self employed, he put off dealing with until he had some quiet time.
After an afternoon of tests yesterday, he has to have bypass surgery.
If he’d dealt with it sooner it might have been a simple out patient job.
Deal with your health before all other things people.
Please.

41 Likes

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that. :cry:
(They are doing wonderful things with by-pass surgery now - I’m going to say a few prayers for his rapid recovery.) :confused:

6 Likes

Grace, health, and healing

6 Likes

So sorry to hear :cry: praying for rapid healing…

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that, @bridget. Best of luck to both of you.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear it! My Him Indoors has a similar tendency, and boy is this a powerful reminder of the consequences. I’ma go nag him now! :smiling_imp:

12 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I have been accused of acting like that but not to that extreme. Thanks for the reminder not to let it get that far. Here’s hoping for the best for Him Indoors.

4 Likes

Eek. Fingers crossed. Albeit people seem to pop back up after bypass amazingly fast.

3 Likes

Oh gosh! Good you caught it before it got even worse!

4 Likes

Sending best wishes - and thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

As a “him indoors” myself I can relate, but to be honest, my wife is way worse at putting off seeking care.
A large number of the patients I care for have had Bypass surgery and to be honest of all the different heart surgery pt’s I see they generally recover the quickest and the best. I know that doesn’t make it any less scary but hope it’s some consolation.
Here’s to a speedy recovery. :beers:

3 Likes

I am sorry to hear about this!
It is hard being self employed and dealing with your health.
I always felt like something worse would happen if I took the time off, but in retrospect that was always the wrong decision.
Wishing him a speedy recovery, and you lots of patience!

11 Likes

I appreciate knowing this so I can keep him in my thoughts and prayers. And, my thoughts go out to you as well, as one of the caregivers.

3 Likes

Best of luck on a speedy recovery and hope for minimal rehab needed

2 Likes

As an employee of Deborah Heart & Lung, I must concur.

1 Like

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for H.I. ! Take care of yourself too during this stressful time!

1 Like

Hoping for a speedy recovery for your significant other.

2 Likes

Speedy recovery. Hard to take time off when you are the one who has to cover for yourself. Glad he has you!

3 Likes

Sorry for his poor luck, best wishes!

@morganstanfield, he is going to argue with you. Play the ‘what if this was me?’ card. he wouldn’t take no for an answer.

3 Likes

Wendy and I are both thinking of you, Bridget, and sending lots of love to both of you.
See you in August,
John

2 Likes