Went total D&D geek

In my most recent game of D&D, I acquired the Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location. The guys I play with enjoy all the goodies I create to make the game interesting …lol
I couldn’t resist making my version of the amulet. Can’t wait to wear it this Saturday!
The jewel part was from a sample pack I received from Acrilex called minerals. It’s thin mica layered within clear acrylic. Took several passes to cut, but finally cut through… The outer frame is 1/16" mirrored acrylic that I roughened with sand paper to resemble brushed silver. Went with silver for the engrave fill for contrast. I tried using black but it seaped into the layers mucking it up.

44 Likes

Your stuff makes me wish I had someone to play this with. I’ve never had any friends that are interested in D&D.

3 Likes

Yeah, same here. My brother was seriously into it though - his buddies used to come over for the food and festivities and spend the whole holiday playing D&D in the game room upstairs. (We had half a dozen extra mouths to feed every holiday.) :smile:

That looks maahhhhhvelous! :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t know a thing about D&D, but I love the amulet you made. Reminds me of a glowrious looking piece of tortoise shell acrylic that I think I got from Inventables long ago. I’ve never done anything with it…am saving it for just the right thing.

2 Likes

I bet a Skype game would go over well…
Who’s in??? Lol

8 Likes

First of all, that’s a kickass amulet.

There is a whole online D&D interface called Roll20.

It’s a bit complicated but it does a lot.

Also there are solo (or duo) adventures you can play. It’s not quite the same as a full D&D game, but I happened to play this last night with my GF, and we had a lot of fun. We both nearly died a couple of times but got out of it by the skin of our teeth. They play a bit like a pretty advanced form of choose your own adventure books, with D&D rules underpinning the bulk of it. It was about a 2-hour adventure.

All you need to get to play this is a copy of the 5e players handbook. There’s a cyber monday sale at dnd beyond today for the books in digital form… $19.99 gets you any sourcebook you like.

https://www.dndbeyond.com/

Go forth and adventure!

6 Likes

Your amulet looks fantastic! That cool material for the center is amazing stuff, and whoever thought you could make mirrored acrylic look like brushed metal? Well done!

3 Likes

Nice job!

2 Likes

I would be in! I play each week using Roll20 and discord, works pretty well.

1 Like

That Glowforge/girlfriend abbreviation confusion thing makes for interesting mental images when I’m undercaffeinated. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

What an amazing piece! I’d be excited, too! The Glowforge projects always make me a little giddy!

3 Likes

That’s awesome and I’m geeking out on the mica acrylic! I wish the Acrilex site was a bit more user friendly. It took me forever to navigate to the right stuff. They have some great acrylics though!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.