West Highland Terrier jewelry

A very special person helped me with Inkscape so I could make these earrings and pendants. These are the prototypes. Earrings are about 3/4 in height.

I put UV resin over them and I was too lazy to pull out the torch to get the bubbles out of the resin.

Just some FYI—-UV resin is FAST curing with a light. Only takes five minutes or 20 minutes out in the sun.

37 Likes

Was bourbon involved? :laughing:

These are simply adorable! Looks like you’ve got the process nailed down. Are they made of plywood?

8 Likes

Perdy darn cute :slight_smile: I love that UV resin stuff. I was bored so I decided to start cutting up a nickel as most people do these days ( I’m not crazy the voices in my head are ) and glued it into a wizard, kinda heh #totallynormalthingtodo

7 Likes

Sweeeeet!

3 Likes

These are so cute. Well done! And I’m glad you showed them off.

4 Likes

Very cute!

2 Likes

@cynd11
I believe that was the class day bourbon was involved. Made from 1/8 birch from Woodpeckers. I absolutely love that wood and I purchase it from Amazon.

@primal_healer
OMG!! Precious. How tall? I am now really addicted to UV resin. Two different products I learned from this community that have changed my crafting. UV resin and alcohol ink markers.

@arh2
My friend is so amazing we had a three hour class last night. I told them I wanted to post the picture of the jewelry but then I changed my mind. So this morning I decided just to post it and maybe I can inspire someone to make other doggy jewelry. Eric is always saying “Thank you Jesus for giving my wife her Inkscape/Glowforge boyfriend!”

6 Likes

Thx :slight_smile: I think about 1" tall made it in between turns playing cards, the base of it is made from the part of the nickel I gave up cutting heh. And now i need to google alcohol ink markers :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are the ones I purchased. The Copic markers brand are frightfully expensive. I just looked at Amazon‘s prices. 72 Copic Markers. $338.99!!!

2 Likes

Wait, what? People are cutting up nickels? I remember my dad drilled a hole through one when I was a kid and put a bolt through it. He told me never to show anyone because it’s a federal crime to destroy money :sweat_smile:. He put the fear in me…and also confusion, because I like to buy those pressed pennies everytime I see a cool machine.

But your wizard is so cool!!

7 Likes

I couldn’t even tell these guys were wood. They are super cute!

2 Likes

Bourbon is involved every class day. It just varies as to who needs it more…

4 Likes

Real cute earing and pin set.

3 Likes

@pauline.lally Good to see you on the forum!!!

@JimmyWayneWestie These turned out adorable!!!

3 Likes

They aren’t as cheap as the ones you show there, but they aren’t as expensive as copics either… Look into the Blick Studio Brush Markers. The brush tip is far preferable to the bullet nibs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow—- some of those sets are amazing. Thank you for posting the link. I love the green set.

I’ve used a lot of different markers and the blick’s are right up there with the best. And at a good price too.

1 Like

I tied to buy some today, took a drive to a Blick’s we have on this side of town. $31 for 12 - online, $15.85. Salesman says if you sign up for “membership” they discount, so I did. $24.

Nope. Walked out. Just ordered some well reviewed ones on Amazon. 40 colors for <$20.

1 Like

really? they have to match their own price online. That’s part of what you signed up for.

I live in central illinois about an hour from their warehouse and home retail outlet so I can get pretty much anything at most overnight. I’ve never paid more than what they had listed online.

Apparently not.

Glad to see their stores are thriving enough to not need to compete online. Amazon got my money, again.

1 Like