What are you hoping will be in the catalog/store?

Easels in the catalog would be a fine idea!

While not designed for a laser, this site has some plans for diy easels that could be adapted. This one looks similar to the one you poste, but doesn’t rely on wingnuts (which are the weak point in the design of the plein-air easel box that I bought a few years ago; i would prefer solid stops to the infinitely-adjustable-and never-quite-aligned-or-solid bolt-in-channel setup):

10 Likes

Here is another interesting easel option: https://www.amazon.com/US-Art-Supply-3-Drawer-Adjustable/dp/B016YXKBS2/ref=sr_1_10?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1483136401&sr=1-10&keywords=desktop+easel

5 Likes

Oooh I like that one! That is going in the bookmark list!

2 Likes

One of the problems I have always had with any of these portable easels with storage is that the handle is always in the side, so everything in the drawers shifts and gets all over the place when you carry it.
Of course, the glowforge will allow us to make perfectly-sized boxes for each compartment… no more spills and brushes stuck in the drawer slot! Urg, I can’t wait for it to arrive!

6 Likes

Picture Rail Hangers…https://www.amazon.com/PICTURE-MOULDING-HANGING-HOOKS-BRONZED/dp/B007IWYRY8

https://www.scrapbook.com/store/ac-660793.html?cmp=GSHOP&gclid=Cj0KEQjwhpnGBRDKpY-My9rdutABEiQAWNcslDC6BCZoQfloq5k8l9kOlFoe8O0EJ4mNhKUPq7xq_xwaAmk28P8HAQ&kw=ac-660793&utm_campaign=google-free-shopping-feed&utm_content=ac-660793&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google-shopping-feed

3 Likes

I’d like a stand with storage for the glowforge! Please…

The challenge for many of these is that unless you are incredibly unique to make a full size storage anything is expensive in little 12x20 sheets (unless you store small stuff). Much better to make add ons or custom inserts.

2 Likes

Yet still I love the idea and want to find a way to do it affordably!

2 Likes

Forgive me if it has been mentioned before but will I be allowed to take photos and info from the Glowforge Catalog and put them on my own website/social media/etsy with a final price of the item? Not just the design?

For example: Someone needs a fun light switch cover(say an owl). They find one on my site and order it. I then make it and sell it to them at a marked up price to cover the design purchase, materials :proofgrade:, and time.

Make sense?

2 Likes

We haven’t announced licensing for the store yet (although @tony has been giving it lots of thought), but it’s helpful to us to know that this is something you’d want to do. Thanks!

9 Likes

Is it possible to see what is in the store yet?

2 Likes

Not yet. @dan said it is still being finished up. Even the folks who have gotten delivery address verifications don’t have anything. If I’m not mistaken, even the pre-release people don’t have a link to the store.

3 Likes

That is correct, only beta users can see it. PRU holders are as in the dark on this as everyone else.

3 Likes

headboards

1 Like

Weird… That link doesn’t work for me.

Unfortunately, customized searches (on Amazon) get messed up when posted as a link in the forums.

This is what the link gets converted to (I put a space in it for displaying)
https:// www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_36_3?fst=p90x%3A1%2Cas%3Aoff&rh=n%3A1055398%2Ck%3Ahalf+round+table%2Cp_36%3A1253526011&keywords=half+round+table&ie=UTF8&qid=1498050033&rnid=386465011

The %__ is what breaks the link… :unamused:

1 Like

Annoying…it is just a search for “half round” tables on Amazon. Thanks for letting me know so I could fix it!

1 Like

I have found some extra steps that will supposedly make links work.

I am going to try and see if I can demonstrate in this post (with multiple edits while testing)

Here is the shortened link that includes your custom search settings:

To create the custom search link, you will need to use Bit.ly (which a free account works fine). Once you have created the account, you can create a shortened link.

You will need to copy the full link from Amazon to post in the Bit.ly shortener.

That will preserve all the custom parameters (Price Range, Dept and such).