What did you get done today?

Nice work Dennis, I know that feels good!

We are currently on a road trip, from Denver to Nashville, my son’s house. From there to lookout mountain Georgia for a wedding.

Yesterday we drove from Chattanooga to Asheville, and plan to do a section of the Blue ridge parkway.
From there, do my childhood home in Concord North Carolina. We will begin our journey back to Denver day after tomorrow. So all I have accomplished is to cover a lot of miles.

7 Likes

I spent a good part of the day removing and replacing old wiring and burnt out lamps on my truck bed. Nice and safe now with functioning marker lamps, reverse lamps, and turn-signals.

I still need to go back and replace a bunch of the old blue split-tube loom covers, they disintegrate when you try to manipulate them at all.

Next steps: pull off the transfer tank and modify the headache rack to fit a slide-in cabover camper.
(anybody in CA/NV/OR looking for a 100-gallon diesel transfer tank with a 20 gpm fuel pump?)

9 Likes

I had a good friend in Miami that built himself an “Organic” Swimming pool. And placed several high-priced tropical fish in as well as several algae eaters to keep that as less a problem. Discus I knew to be exceptionally difficult as they feed their young on the mucus on the sides of their bodies and any disturbance made them cease to do that, thus at that time they were expensive and rare… (Looking now I see they have mastered that so much there are as many breeds of them as dogs.) his pool was ideal for them and several showy African Cichlids and soon had so many he had to keep draining the pool to lower the population to sell to local pet shops.

1 Like

Not trying to sound creepy, but this will, but I would love to have cameras on your property to watch all your projects.

2 Likes

If only I enjoyed talking to cameras, maybe I could become a YouTube star. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Maybe you could start a silent “film” craze.

5 Likes

That is a really good cleanup! Vehicle electrical issues are such a pain. Cool to see this worked out! Want to work on a jeep? lol, I mostly have it fixed but I think there is something I am overlooking that will haunt me on that one.

1 Like

I went to my garage shop for a couple of hours and started cleaning it for my next mess. Several more hours to go just to be able to move my machines around to use. :pensive:

3 Likes

Is that a harbor freight workbench I see? My lower section finally crapped out after 20 years+. The long bars finally broke, probably from too much weight. I’m gonna work on replacing them.

2 Likes

Good eye! 7 years in and mine is still hanging in there. I assembled it with wood glue reinforcing every joint. My only complaint is the noise the vice makes despite the application of every lubricant I can think of. :confounded:

1 Like

What issues are you having with the jeep? It’s a TJ if I remember correctly, yeah? 4.0? If so it should be pretty similar to my XJ for a lot of the stuff. If it’s intermittent random issues I would suggest starting with the main body ground. After way too many times cleaning the original, I finally ditched the factory ground point and added two new ones with conductive nut-serts (one for the main ground and one to ground the winch)

4 Likes

It’s intermittent and I will have to try that! Yes, it’s an 06 TJ Sport, 4.0 L inline. I got it it in 08 and so it was only 2 years used and the previous owner did some weird stuff with it. They apparently had work done on the transmission and did not reseal it. So I accidentally rusted out the transmission just after a little high water driving. It has made me wonder what else they did in those 2 years. Over the past 4 years it has needed a new battery every few months for a while but I replaced a lot of its dash last year and it’s better. I will try the grounding as well. It’s try anything to get it to just keep going lol.

1 Like

I need to pick up a couple of those containers this week. I stock tilapia in my pond to keep the algae down, but they don’t survive the winter. So I thought I’d try over-wintering some of them in the shed this year. If that goes well, I’m probably going to convert it to an aquaponics setup for next year. Then I just need a greenhouse to really get things going.

3 Likes

On a week long photo shoot of a hospital tower this week. 20k+ steps yesterday. Should hit 100k this week.

3 Likes

Wow, worked 8 hours yesterday walking the hill with a chainsaw. Back and forth, back and forth, over and over. Never stopped moving. The excavator was pushing logs faster than I could cut them. Was truly spent at the end of the day. Only ended up with maybe 9000 steps.

3 Likes

That’s 7:15 am to 8:30pm. And a lot of walking around scouting.

About 10 years ago, I did a 1 week shoot for ft belvoir community hospital, 1m SF. My pedometer said I walked 51 miles. Needed a foot/leg massage after that was over.

2 Likes

We used to have a hot water well that kept one of the fish ponds warm enough to raise tilapia year-round, but the county started selling water out of that strata to other water districts, and dried up the well. :angry: Tilapia raised in clean water are SO delicious!

what fish are you going to toss in there?

4 Likes

So I gather you smoked the pork belly whole? or was it sliced already?

I want to do that so I can avoid all of the chemicals. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

then play it back at high speed to the Benny Hill Show Theme?

5 Likes