What do all the colors on the Glowforge button mean?

Colors on the Glowforge button:
Teal: WiFi setup
White: Getting WiFi, calibrating, and ready to cut
Magenta: ???
Today just after turning on the Glowforge, I noticed the button was lighted as magenta. Couldn’t find anything in the Manual about this. I re-booted the Glowforge and got normal behavior.

Is the someplace to find out what all the colors are and what they indicate?

Teal is WiFi setup mode

White means receiving/received instructions from the cloud, or currently processing instructions from the cloud.

Purple is a recovery type mode

Orangish/yellowish is a system error (could be overheating, a cable connection issue, etc) - generally means a problem and to check the UI (but only overheating/cooling down is usually shown there)

1 Like

Magenta would be red and blue

Teal would be green and blue

Orange would be red green.

Purple would be mostly red and blue with some green.

White would be all full on.

(Just in case you might have a weak color in there) :slight_smile:

You can make it go into magenta mode by holding down the button while you turn in the Glowforge. It doesn’t do anything helpful as far as we know (yet?). To clear it, turn off the GF, turn it back on while leaving the button alone.

1 Like

I thought I might have tapped the button just after powering on. That checks with your route to magenta.
I think the Manual mentions Yellow with instructions to Turn Off and contact GF.

Thanks for the answer @jbmanning5, great breakdown.

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, feel free to post a new topic.