What do you do if a pin is bent flat?

I have a pin that is bent flat. Don’t want to reconnect until I hear from support on how to fix the issue. Please help! I have orders I need to cut and ship out.

You already opened a ticket on this issue?

1 Like

yes, I wasn’t sure if it would get lost in the sea of other tickets from the server being down earlier. …

They go into a queue and will be serviced in order, usually in one business day.

The multiple tickets related to that issue will all be closed earlier to help clear out the queue.

2 Likes

The support team has been pretty solid in my experience. Usually I hear back the same day or next day. A bit of patience is required unfortunately and YMMV, but for me they’re typically diligent and give actually helpful answers.

2 Likes

ok. thanks!

Thanks. Yes, I have had good experiences dealing with support. I just wish it could have happened a day or to ago before I had orders to get out. LOL.

I hear ya! I lost several hours of work today because of the server snafu.

1 Like

I have straightened a few bent pins on a CPU with Jewelers needle-nose pliers. Just bent, not flat. Hopefully, it won’t break off…

You can’t without that pin connecting its circuit.

1 Like

Thanks. I understand. It was actually connected with the pin like that. I just removed the ribbon this morning and looked at the pins on the head and that one was bent. But I understand it does not work properly without the pin going into the connector on the ribbon :wink: I’m not going to do anything that could void my warranty or create more problems. That is why I am waiting to hear from support for their advice.

1 Like

Absolutely.
I found your other thread. Since the machine had been working apparently with the bent pin, the circuit may not be critical to the laser operating. I don’t know the pin mapping, but support will get with you. Good Luck!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

There are several users here that don’t disconnect the cable at all. You can clean everything with it still connected April. If you do remove it, be sure when reconnecting that the cable slides on straight. :+1:

2 Likes

That sounds like a great plan once I resolve the issue. Would eliminate the problem altogether! Didn’t really think about leaving the ribbon connected while cleaning, but why not? I appreciate the help!

2 Likes

Hi @aprilevans0808 - I’m going to go ahead and close this topic since we’ve got two open for this issue. Please check the other topic for next steps. Thanks!

1 Like