What happens if we defer shipment?

Well, the west coast people should be waking up about now, so I’m looking forward to a response from the support team on this…

1 Like

Yeah, I was gonna say that UPS is probably the worst option for babysitting your GF. :-/

5 Likes

West coast best coast! Wooooooo :trophy::trophy::chart_with_upwards_trend::glowforge::chart_with_upwards_trend::dart:

4 Likes

MIDDLE OF THE COUNTRY WOOOOOOOOO

** crickets **

4 Likes

Just go ahead and give them my address and I will take real good care of it for you.

5 Likes

24 hours have passed and still no response from support…

What’s the SLA on these?

SLA?

Yeah, you’re saying that it’s been over 24 hours, is that breaking the agreed upon response time?

All the automated response emails to Support say they’ll get back to us within 3 working days. (Almost always a day though) Nothing ever mentioned about if we just post a problem here.

2 Likes

On the email to support@glowforge.com ?

That is the official support from Glowforge.

1 Like

oops, I think you’re right. I’ll try that avenue.

1 Like

OK, making some modest progress…

Thank you so much for reaching out! We hate auto-email, but wanted you to know that we got your message and have assigned it ticket #55331.

We’ll get back to you within 3 business days (and we will try to do it sooner).

While you’re waiting, there are some resources that might be helpful:
Our FAQ: FAQ | Glowforge
Our technical specs: Glowforge - the 3D laser printer
And best of all, our community page: http://community.glowforge.com
The community page is really amazing - only Glowforge owners can post there, but our team is in there every day answering questions.

2 Likes

To me, the best response would be, “If you ask to defer shipment to a future date, just shoot an email to support when you are ready to receive it, and we’ll promptly send you a new “are you ready to receive your Glowforge?” email and put you at the front of the line for shipment when you accept that invitation. It will still take up to six weeks from that point to actually get it, so be sure to have a six-week window of availability to receive it.”

“Also keep in mind that the $20 per month gift certificate we promised you stops accruing when we first offer you shipment, but the warranty period on your machine doesn’t begin until you actually receive it.”

Isn’t that a fair solution?

4 Likes

To play devils advocate, I imagine it’s far more fair to simply accept delivery and not complicate delivery unless you are literally unable to accept it at the time. Having some system that keeps tabs on whatever number of people want to delay and then cut back into line isn’t going to improve delivery speeds.

2 Likes

To play somewhere in the middle, if you delay, it’s probably fair to have some kind of reasonable-effort system to slot you back into the queue when you notify that you’re available again. E.g. someone checking their inbox and getting around to adding you to the next batch of “are you ready” messages (they seem to go in batches). That’s not too hard. What I would think would be a real pain for Glowforge would be “I would like to defer my shipment for exactly X weeks and Y days, and I insist that you keep track for me.”

I’m pretty sure stated warranty start date is when it physically ships.

1 Like

close enough

When your Glowforge is ready, we’ll send an email to collect your shipping address. At that time, you can accept your Glowforge immediately, or ask us to hold the shipment for you.

We’ve tried to make the process as easy as possible. Unfortunately, you cannot select a specific time window. If you want to wait until your Air Filter is ready or until the software is out of Beta, you can let us know and we’ll reach out to you again then.

6 Likes