What have you crowdfunded?

Current projects I’m backing:

Transformers Music Soundtrack Restoration. This is a hobby related one and I really believe in that guy. Had a bit of a kick in the nads last month by Sony revealing to release an album with all the tracks remastered.

Beasts of the Mesozoic: Raptor Series Action Figures. This has just cleared funding this week. Amazing sculpts for scientific accurate raptor dinosaurs (raptors) Feathers and all!

The G-Forge of course and also that Tesla museum. I might even have put down some money to Broken Lizard for Super Troopers 2.

My brother is more active on kickstarter but all his backed projects are taking really long to finally produce.

Edit
I forgot! this totally awesome little GoPro tierip clip. It’s a GoPro mount that uses cableties to be able to mount it pretty much everywhere.

1 Like

Here’s the 117 Kickstarter projects I’ve backed:

@AuntiMame, thank you so much for sharing some of your precious time left with us.

10 Likes

I have been doing some research on the potential root cause of this disease and will share what I learn via private message, if you are interested. Please, maintain hope, as progress is happening at an exponential rate in this field.

6 Likes

Wow, you definitely give back! You are the “Kickstarter King”.

1 Like

@AuntiMame, your unfortunate circumstance gives you a clearity that is oblivious to the rest of us, who live our lives as if all of time were ours to dispose of.
We cloud our perception focusing on little details like what thing is missing in life and Glowforges.

“Only the present moment has life in it.”

My Wife’s Mother carried the ALS cross. @dan, I vote @AuntiMame’s should be the first one out the door.

11 Likes

:smile: :smile::smile:You backed Potato Salad.( What a hoot!) :wink:

2 Likes

I second that emotion!

3 Likes

Here is a link to the Kickstarter projects I’ve backed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/344754730

Looking at the list, I am now wondering, “what was I thinking what I backed that?” Ha!

1 Like

I’m very appreciative that you (and others) feel this way. And I’d love a chance to play with a unit as soon as possible (while I can still use my hands move a mouse and create stuff in Illustrator-- I’m currently working on mastering OptiKey eye gaze software and hope to continue creating that way). But I must be honest, the GF while nominally mine (in that my credit card was used) is actually my niece’s (in that she’s paying for it). So it doesn’t quite feel kosher to jump the line.

Not that I’d complain… :wink:

And I didn’t add that bit o’ info about me to try to jump the line. I just meant to say that even though my time is limited (everyone’s is… I just know my end point with a bit more clarity than most) I still buy into crowdfunding. Even if I cant/wont be here to partake of the results, some things are worth the investment. :smile:

(And dont forget to take part in this year’s Ice Bucket Challenge!)

(edited multiple times for clarity)

10 Likes

Nothin’. This is my first

4 Likes

So far for me,

µCurrent Gold (device to measure pico-amps with a DVM)
NanoBeam (ultra-miniature 80-20 type beam system)
Olo (Smartphone-based, 3D resin printer)
Polysher (new 3D filament and 3D print post-processor to smooth layers
Ziro (robotic toy that is controled with a glove and hand motions)

The 1st two completed successfully with as expected products and the last 3 are all approaching completion.

1 Like

Reading over how many projects people have backed, I can be considered a newbie.

Apart from the glowforge of course, there were two.

The Kula 3d lens: http://www.kula3d.com/ Which is a tad late, but still sends out updates, so I`m hopeful.

And the other one is the Trinus 3D printer, which I also really hope to get. They write updates very frequently and look like they will be able to fulfil their goals and ship.

fingers crossed… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I backed this too. I already got mine. (for DSLR)

I ordered the one for smartphones, they said they`ll start making and shipping them after the dslr ones are all shipped.

How is yours? I hope it`s cool. She seemed very keen on making a high quality product.

Oh! I see! Haha.

I actually haven’t had a chance to play with it. But the quality seems good. :slight_smile:

I have backed 18 projects on Kickstarter and a few others through independent sites. I also waited in line to put a deposit on a Tesla Model 3. Here’s my Kickstarter profile: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/270499167

Favorite projects include the Pebble Smart Watch, Particle/Spark Core and Electron, Quadcopters on Mars (!!!) and the Planetary Resources space-selfies.

-Jamie

1 Like

A friend was desperate for funding of a movie… The Christmas Dragon.
We have watched it once, even.
Besides that, the Glowforge.

2 Likes

My biggest crowdfunding splurge was Palette (reconfigurable hardware controller). It actually grew out of my final-year design project at the University of Waterloo, but I didn’t feel like messing around with starting a business. Instead I got a job that suits me far better than being a co-founder, and one one of my group-mates ran with it and got it commercialized. Least I could do was support them on Kickstarter though.

I also kind of backed Voltera (I got a snazzy PCB ruler, not one of their printers). They’re another group of my classmates who decided to make a go of it with their project.

2 Likes

I backed Palette. Cool looking hardware in the end. Software side is a bit wonky and having trouble using it in my workflows. Personally from aesthetics point I like the wood look and sad I only backed for metal, but I was in a less organic mood back then.

Looks like a lot of us jumped on the Trinus, maybe we should start forum topics for common projects.

August seems very optimistic to me with the updates they are giving us for shipping.