What have you made with scraps?

i made this, about 11 x 19 in total size

65 Likes

Mine are all still in a box next to my machine. Actually do something with them? Oooooh, yeah I could try that :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I use mine for markers for my DnD game that I run.

1 Like

That is - energetic.
Whenever I look at my scraps, nothing like what you did comes to mind.
Great job.

6 Likes

Excellent scrap usage! I just think up miniature designs and hand them out like candy… well, within reason.

4 Likes

“hand them out like candy”…

That is one way to get fiber.

5 Likes

I got nothin’.

But the holes in my scrap keep getting bigger as I use bits to make small pieces of other things.

Your way is better. Nice piece!

3 Likes

Very creative!

1 Like

Wow!

(really, all you need is one word)

1 Like

Just… wow. It looks like one of those scrap metal sculptures, which is to say, awesome work. Are you going to continue making fish as you make more scrap? Eventually have an entire school :fish:

I’ve made… a lot of hold down pins :laughing:

2 Likes

That is really cool! I have a hug box of scraps right now. I need to come up with something.

1 Like

My use pales in comparison to what @mark14 has created, but still…scraps = what I am calling Chameleon earrings. The colored pieces in all of these can be snapped in and out so other colors can be used…making one pair of earrings into many pairs. Took me a while with some of the pieces to get them to fit tightly, but once done they can be replicated infinite times. I posted photos of a couple of these some time ago, but I became possessed. :crazy_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

30 Likes

Love the combination of intricate details such as the gears with the organic fish with all the scales. Very nice conception and design…not even to mention the assembly. Nice work!

4 Likes

i think you have that backwards. Your stuff rocks. Mine is a silly fish.

4 Likes

ok, now that is really impressive!

2 Likes

I don’t see anything silly about the fish or ear rings. I have tried to get acrylic to fit tightly and it is not easy. Your creativity is impressive. Thanks for posting. :smiley:

2 Likes

Where the material works I do a nice dragon relief sculpture on one side and the Etsy shop name Dragons Treasure on the reverse. Sort of a business card folk will not toss out.

12 Likes

Looks real nice. :blush:

3 Likes

Um…NOT! Thanks, though.

2 Likes

Every time you make a tabbed or crossed fingers box you also get tabbed or cross-fingered scrap and that can make nice grippy file handles :upside_down_face:

18 Likes