What have you made with scraps?

That’s a great idea. :blush:

2 Likes

Those are gorgeous - I see your love for the green translucent acrylic shining through!

2 Likes

Wow, I call those dedicated scraps, as they’re not only time consuming, but beautiful at that!

2 Likes

I knew I should keep those little bits for something. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I used my scraps to make a scraps holder.

19 Likes

Now that my friend is plain brilliant. Do you ever have problems with scrap catching on corners though? Or falling through cutouts?

4 Likes

I used a scroll saw to reduce my scrap pile considerably and break it down to several types where the total space taken is minimal.

2 Likes

I love the wood type labels. Neat idea. :grin:

3 Likes

Not so far, but this solution is just for sheets that have been slightly used, I keep the odd shaped cut-outs elsewhere. Don’t have a cool project for those yet…

2 Likes

Mine is all going into the pizza oven this weekend. Have the kids coming over for their sister’s birthday and then she’s off to college. GF scraps make for great tinder & kindling.

3 Likes

I’ve been turning my scraps into pens

19 Likes

Whoaaaa!!! Those look not like scraps at all - great disguise and solution! And welcome to the community by the way! Show us more when you feel like it…

5 Likes

You win and welcome to the forum.

6 Likes

Are those all done with friction fitting or glue?? They are so cool.

1 Like

Whoa! Those are epic!

I used loads of that super glue cement glue stuff. I put them all on the tube, put on a clamp and them douse them in the glue, and then I dropped them in a tub of baking soda or wood dust, and then put them on the lathe. It’s a lot of fun. They’re just finished with friction polish. The glue really makes the grain pop out.

2 Likes

friction fit

What doe the baking soda/wood dust do?

It soaks up the excess glue so I can handle it quicker. I’m just impatient.

2 Likes