What is that blue thing? .... that broke the internet

What’s that blue thing? Some call it the right to passage, some the Holy Grail, and others the key to Glowforge city. We may also know it as the Len’s removal tool! What ever you call it, it need it’s own stand to show off how awesome it is!!!

Get yours for free here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fscfreefiles

If you download it and want to show it off, post a photo here with it and your favorite Glowforge made project next to it.

I added stain to mine so there is a little smudge but that’s optional. To insert your “blue thing” tilt it sideways into the top groves and then let bottom slide in and drop into place.

The moment I posted this my phone went ballistic with notifications, the blue thing/lens removal tool is very popular lol.

51064617_610872062702552_3706338300051587072_n
50818615_610872086035883_2387603514193870848_n

59 Likes

Fabulous!

1 Like

I need one that looks like a trophy case, to hold my collection of three (soon to be four) “blue things.”

sigh

9 Likes

Funny. Still find it perplexing that people don’t RTFM before getting their :glowforge: and this is the first thing that they ask.

7 Likes

Sorry about Charmed. I assume they got you running again the same way they did me which is to turn off the error message and also my air assist fan. I am tempted to just keep this machine and forget the fan, since it works great, has few operational hours and has Snapmarks. However, I am going through with the replacement. Hopefully this will be my only one and your fourth will be a keeper.

1 Like

We could start our own club. I have 4 as well.

3 Likes

ROFL! Great idea on the stand! :smile:

And @geek2nurse, may I suggest for the next one “I Am Number Four”.

4 Likes

I’m considering just “Four.” There was a series of “dystopian future” type books that my daughter and I liked (the name is escaping me now) where one of the main characters was named Four. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Name it Five. Break the curse :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I think they made a movie out of it…“I Am Number Four.” :smile:
(Had that cute little actor in it…same as “Beastly”…whoever that was.)

2 Likes

Divergent. That’s what the series was called. Is that the same one you’re thinking of? (I never remember actors’ names. That’s Hubs’ job. I use my brain cells for other stuff.)

2 Likes

Oh, no that was a different one…

I’m thinking of this one:

Oops…sorry…didn’t mean to hijack the thread…

3 Likes

But who is Number One?

5 Likes

Riker

9 Likes

If so (Number Five), it might end up looking like this…

Number%205%20is%20alive

8 Likes

The thread title had me expecting the TMBG song “Fingertips” which contains the line “What’s that blue thing doing here?”

A few random Youtube videos containing that part of the song:

I think it’s time for a Glowforge version starring everyone’s favorite mystery tool.

4 Likes

Fun project!

1 Like

thanks everyone, wonder why I didn’t get any notifications to replies on this thread.

Would love to make one but I don’t have facebook (no plans to.)? Suggestion?

Thanks.

Sorry, not STNG, older reference.

8 Likes