What is that blue thing? .... that broke the internet

Discord is a voip/chat app

2 Likes

See knew I made a mistake, must be the cold getting to me.

1 Like

But there have been times when that would have been the perfect name. :slight_smile: Also it made me smile, and smiling is good.

5 Likes

And yes, not to worry. I’ve been put in the hot seat myself. Don’t ever get into a confrontation with the font police on here. :wink: :grin:

4 Likes

You are, number two.

1 Like

I wish there was a download counter, I would be curious to know how many other people made one of these.

Are you zipping the SVG before uploading it? I’ve never uploaded one, but @Jules has it drilled into my head.

3 Likes

She’s right…if you zip it first you should get a counter…hang on…yep! Just wanted to check some other files that were shared.

2 Likes

Ooh. I didn’t know that part. I just saw you say over and over again that you have to zip SVGs to have them upload correctly. :slight_smile: See? Someone is paying attention!

1 Like

Not sure about with images embedded, but if you want them to display properly on Discourse with just a regular upload, you need to select “Presentation Attributes” in the styling/CSS section. Obviously, if you have images, the images need to be embedded.

1 Like

Embedded images get stripped out for the same reason as style sheets.

2 Likes

I have not had those troubles with Inkscape so perhaps sending it through there would help. Ine possibility I have seen in some cases that the Image is a Reference and not an actual image in the piece. so when transported out the reference becomes unobtainable and thus discarded.

You might want to make sure that is not the case and that the image is a part of the file and not just a reference to it,

I saw that on a file I worked last night.

So, no images. But, if you want your SVG to post properly (sans images) select Presentation Attributes in Illustrator. Not sure if other programs have something similar.

If you have images, best to just zip it up. Or, just zip everything up.

1 Like

And i have 3…