What is the best way to set up repeated designs

I am trying to print a logo on many separate earring cards and am wondering if there s an eastward to place the design on twenty or so cards in the glowforge at once. Thanks advance!

2 Likes

Do you have access to any design software? (Illustrator, Inkscape, Silhouette BE, etc.)

1 Like

I do have access to some.

1 Like

Following as I also need to do that.

1 Like

I’d create a design file that will make a jig & engrave your earring cards.

In the design software make a drawing page that’s 12Hx20"W. Then lay out squares just slightly larger than your earring cards. Keep them about 3/4" from the left side and 1.1" from the top. That will let them fit in the margins the GF can operate in.

Place the engrave into those layout squares. Make it a different color than the squares (if it’s a bitmap you won’t have to worry about the color).

Save as an SVG and bring it into the GF.

Put a piece of cardboard or cardstock in the GF, Set Focus, set the layout squares to Cut and the engrave to Ignore.

Run the cut. Then without moving the cardstock, remove the cutouts and drop your earring cards in the holes. In the GFUI change the Cuts to Ignore and change the engrave to Engrave. Set Focus and run it. If you didn’t move anything your engrave will be in the earring cards just as they are in the design.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info!I’ll see if that works for me. much appreciated

1 Like

I’ve done thousands of tokens engraved both sides with the technique James describes. The only difference is my jig is the material the tokens are cut from. Registration is always perfect.

2 Likes

If you’re trying to do it in the IU, i copy and paste about 4 times then copy and paste the 4, then the 8…makes it quick if you’re trying to do it on the fly instead of copy and pasting each one separately.

1 Like

Thanks for that!!

1 Like

hi @bandana - looks like you have gotten amazing answers and support here, so I am going to close this topic. Thank you to all of you who helped out.