What is the quickest and least complicated way to do a photo engrave?

the basic way would be to use one of the actions out there. @jbmanning5’s here or the one that sean murray did on facebook. outside of that, it’s a bit of an art form. you want to get contrast without losing detail. hard to explain.

but if you have a really high quality original image, running JB’s script will do the work for you. if you picture is of lower quality, it may take more.

2 Likes

will that action worth with any kind of photoshop installation?

I just found out I have access to photoshop now through work. I don’t know exactly how that installation setup works.

If this can work it will be a boon to the end of my suffering :slight_smile:

Any local installation on PC or Windows. The iPad version doesn’t work with actions yet, that I know of.

1 Like

so I appear to have a local installation as part of the cloud package. so that will work? fingers crossed!

Yes!

I am a happy boy.

rolling over and getting the action now.

thanks!

1 Like

gonna try the engrave tomorrow.

it looks really good so far.

I have several photos that this should be an immense help on.

Awesome! I’d recommend just putting the resolution at 300 when you’re resizing rather than making it match.

The advanced editing is pretty easy also, to tweak the grayscale mix of pretty much any photo. Holler at me if you have any questions!

sure nuff!

I really struggled with the processing in the past. I got one really good engrave of my recently deceased father in law. now I have to get my daughter’s best friend’s dog done.

Puppers can be tricky! But the way it pulls the shadows and highlights should help.

For that matter, cows can be tricky also!

4 Likes

Well fortunately I don’t think I will have cows to contend with. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.