What is this thing?

We are getting new carpets and I was cleaning out my closet to get ready and found this in the back of the shelf. Can any of you tell me what it is?

8 Likes

Sippy cup?

2 Likes

I did a Google image search. Came up with zip. Must be a rare and valuable artifact from your past.

2 Likes

Congratulations! You are the proud owner of an Ichendorf “Cilindro Double-Walled Oil Drizzler”…

https://www.barneys.com/product/ichendorf-cilindro-double-walled-oil-drizzler-504887946.html

14 Likes

Something used in Breaking Bad image ?

4 Likes

You nailed it and Google failed.

5 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t have a clue about what it is. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

No worries – I googled for “double walled glass pourer” and got lucky. :innocent:

7 Likes

It looks like a naked thermos.

I can’t think of any practical reason why an oil drizzler would need to be a vacuum flask, so I assume it’s just meant to look cool.

4 Likes

Correct… just overpriced kitchen accessories.

4 Likes

You could fill it with hot syrup and then the double wall would be needed so you didn’t burn your hands!

I don’t actually like my syrup to be hot, but one restaurant we go to did it this way and it was always a touch warm to pick up :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I had thought it more scientific than gourmet, It is apparently for adding oil or oil and vinegar to your salad. I have made a bit of glass on the glass lathe but while I did a lot of double wall and more I never thought of doing that. My Sake warmer that I made on the lathe was the most complex though I do not know what happened to it.

2 Likes

Not good for EVO storage, light and air are enemies of Olive Oil. Great for presentation, but not long term storage. Soy sauce might do well long term. Needs a cap though. YMMV…

3 Likes

It’s on the shelf behind davidgal2’s double walled oil drizzler!

1 Like

Definitely not a vacuum flask - tis decorative only. The world would be a sad place if every item was strictly utilitarian.

3 Likes

Looked up that link and it seems like it has zero usage.
Like the 3D print of a ball inside a box.
Just did it to show his skills?

Fill the inner one with colored water and use it as a conversation piece.

1 Like

In Edo Japan it was illegal to make things that way until it became normal sensibility. I always considered Bauhaus a huge step backwards over that issue.

2 Likes

Could be a nifty flower vase with the spout removed. . .

2 Likes

The truth is out there…

3 Likes

When she was a teen, and wanted to see if she could do wood-working like our Grandpa did, my sister hand-carved a ball in a frame - so that it rattles around but can’t get out. It’s totally useless, and so frickin’ cool. My folks still have it in their curio cabinet…4 decades later :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d be tempted to drill a couple tiny holes so you could fill the outer one with a coloured liquid too - then switch out matching/contrasting/complimentary inner colours as the mood hits!

2 Likes