What Not to Do: Laser Edition (Engraveris)

I don’t even know what to say about this, so…
https://www.surprise.shopping/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&path=63&product_id=128

1 Like

This looks like a thinly-skinned relaunch of the Cubiio.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/880456201/cubiio-the-most-compact-laser-engraver?ref=email

4 Likes

I know what to say…nope!

3 Likes

Or skin-free? All you need is someone to trip on a cord while you’re lasering something.

3 Likes

Whoa! :astonished: That just looks all kinds of dangerous to me!

2 Likes

I would say you are correct:

:rofl:

3 Likes

Meet Dave.

Dave bought an Awesome Laser Engraver.

Dave was engraving everything in the house.

All Dave’s friends brought things to engrave.

Dave was popular and happy.

Then Dave’s son found the laser unattended.

He played laser tag with the neighbors dog.

Dave’s neighbor came over and confronted him…

Dave hit him with a tripod.

His neighbor stuck that tripod…

Well, he stuck it.

Don’t be Dave.

7 Likes

In a protective case maybe. Because all you need is one moment of distraction where some kid (or stupid adult) reaches in front of it, or knocks it over, or picks it up… I think the original version was a bit more practical. And safe.

2 Likes

It fits perfectly in every studio, workshop, and your hand!

I have visions of it working in your hand on your hand.

I think of such things as “The Darwin test”.

1 Like

I can see it now…the first in-home tattoo kit

2 Likes

And at the bottom a 5 watt laser. You could scrawl graffiti on distant billboards!

2 Likes

I had a guy in my laser class Monday ask me about whether it was possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They use lasers to remove tattoos but I suspect there is a decorative scar possible. But even removal is extremely painful.

1 Like

Make me cringe with thoughts of burning flesh and white hot pain. :astonished:

1 Like

I think it’s a different kind of laser :wink:

There’s a tattoo studio near my brother-in-law’s place. Next door is a laser tattoo removal shop or studio or whatever they call it :slight_smile:

Yeah, it hurts. A lot!

One of the downsides of K40s (& the Redsail too in fact) is needing to align the laser and the mirrors. Since you can’t see the beam you do little test laser shots against post-it notes or tape on the mirror, get it aligned and go to the next one. Popping the lid up & down it tedious so usually you defeat the lid interlock (on the Redsail - the K40 has no safety interlocks) and keep pushing the test button, moving the mirrors, etc. until you get it aligned or you forget to move your hand and when you hit the test button you move it very very fast (but still too late).

And then there’s a hole in your hand. That takes a long time to heal.

And your kids learned some new words.

6 Likes

9 Likes

And next door to that a Henna painting shop that will let you try out the tattoo before you decide to make it permanent?

2 Likes

That’s priceless! :rofl: