What the Problem was all along

Just wanted to let everyone know how i solved the issue I was having with my square cuts being off 1/16th on where the square connected.

I cleaned the machine
Put on new belts
polished up the parts and lens
added the new ribbon cable on the back lid

None of that mattered , what made the difference was a part I was not to familiar with and that was that Mirror that I thought was a magnet on top of the case hidden under the lid.

Somehow I thought that was the magnet tool but it turns out that its was a mirrior and it was smudged. I cleaned it and problem solved.

I have never herd anyone ever talk about that hidden mirror in any video or tech advice, how did i miss it "?

4 Likes

Do you mean the mirror inside the printer head? It’s listed in the normal cleaning instructions : Cleaning – Glowforge

Not sure how it stayed so hidden for you. Glad it fixed the issue.

4 Likes

Not sure how that could possibly affect a cut being square… but hey. If it works now then so be it. :smiley:

5 Likes

You’ve been around for a really long time, so I have no idea how you could miss it or how you could go so long without cleaning it!

Glad you figured it out.

4 Likes

It does use the same colored plastic as the lens removal tool

2 Likes

That is exactly why jI got so confused, because I do remember seeing it and thinking i had two magnetic pullers. by the way my ring keeps coming off the tool. ugh.

1 Like

Couple tiny drops of super glue applied with the point of a pin :pushpin:

5 Likes

Thank you for letting us know. It’s great to hear that cleaning the mirror corrected the trouble you were running into! Regarding your lens tool, I’d like to have our team send a new one out to you. I’m going to close this thread, and we’ll be in touch soon via email to coordinate getting that replacement part sent out.

1 Like