What to do when we receive shipment

Thank you for your “insider” insight! That makes me feel a ton better about what I will do when I receive my GF and what I can expect to experience when I tell the delivery person I want to inspect the package before signing.

I’m also really hoping that we will get a specific day when shipping to the house will happen. I’ll be taking the day off in order to receive my Laser and be the one to check it out once it arrives.It would just stink to sit around for a few days if the shipping estimate is off.

5 Likes

If there was serious damage like a cracked case I would refuse delivery, but a broken tube I would elect to note the damage and contact Glowforge support for a replacement tube. If both the lid and tube were broken I would probably refuse.

That is just my personal opinion.
It would be good to hear the official stance from @dan as to procedure if we experience a damage issue…

4 Likes

You mean dance again

5 Likes

I don’t have any recommendations yet, other than to reassure you that we’re going to make sure that any accidents are short-lived and quickly resolved.

11 Likes

I’m with on that my attic looks like a packaging company I keep boxes for at least 6 months

5 Likes

I live in Seattle and would drive right over and pick mine up when its ready if i could, but i think they are actually being made and shipped from somewhere else… especially since i still had to pay a lot for shipping at purchase way back when during the first order run. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, we don’t know who/where the manufacturing company is, but we know where it’s not - Seattle.
It is in the US, a premiere instrument manufacturer.
I believe there is a higher density of manufacturers in Ohio than most places. My guess would be there, or Texas.

4 Likes

Squeeeeeeee! :grin:
(Of course, Texas is a pretty honking big state - it might still be a thousand miles away.) :disappointed_relieved:

7 Likes

Texas would be good for me…shorter transit time, usually 1 day ground…

4 Likes

I know of a facility that could do it in Idaho. Could be anywhere.

2 Likes

90 miles nort of Seattle and would drive across the country to pick it up. Road trip, I am ready.

4 Likes

I expect there would be several dozen of us who would jump in the car within an hour at the notice they are available for pickup at X location…:blue_car:

7 Likes

22 Likes