What will be your Glowforge's personal name?

That would be awesome! Right now I’m keeping myself entertained with my recently acquired Cameo. You may appreciate the stickers I made yesterday for my husband’s Hawksaw themed controller.

12 Likes

Now I’m thinking Verðandi (although yeah, I’d have to romanize it if I ever wanted to use the thing on my network…)

Hey…Happy Birthday, andistarnes! Hope it’s great! May babies are the best…I oughta know!

4 Likes

Thanks, @Xabbess!

1 Like

That is fantastic! Love it. I should make a custom controller for my son.

And a happy birthday to you. Hope its your best so far.

2 Likes

Happy Big Cake day!! :tada:

1 Like

Happy birthday! :birthday:

2 Likes

“Please, Glow All the Way”

And, of course, you have to have the Raspberries tune running in your mind when you say it.

Chorus:

Please, glow all the way
It feels so right (feels so right)
Being with you here tonight
Please, glow all the way
Just hold me close (hold me close)
Don’t ever let me go

THAT CONTROLLER IS AMAZING IM SO JEALOUS. I am totally thinking about naming my forge Hammer of Sol (titanmasterrace)

1 Like

Man, you Titans always thinking you’re better than everyone else. :stuck_out_tongue: (There are a lot of bubble fans in my clan.) That actually is a really good name for a Glowforge, though.

I’ll let my husband know you like the controller. He spent a long time picking out the colors and designing it. I just got to come in with some finishing touches to steal some of his thunder.

Side note: I plan to vectorize a good number of Destiny icons, logos, etc. in the future and would be happy to share files as long as they aren’t used to make competing products.

2 Likes

Should be lots to share! I’m working on making some layer stack versions of things like Hardlight and The Last Word if they work I’ll be happy to share those too. They’ll probably be much bigger material commitments but I’m planning on running them in cardboard and then coating in bondo then making molds. What a good game, I’m sure you’re all psyched to get into D2? I can return this thread to its original track now apologies

2 Likes

Oh that would be awesome! For the longest time TLW was all I used before I switched to the Jade Rabbit. Definitely excited for D2, but by then we’ll hopefully also all have lasers to devour the time. It’ll definitely be a battle between the two!

1 Like

My Glowforge will be used to create interactive exhibit elements for museums…so I’m going with The History Mystery Machine. Or Xzibit (like the rapper, lol).

I’m not sure how the rest of the staff is going to feel about it…

7 Likes

Welcome @manda.maggs to the forum. So glad you joined us. Lots of amazing things here.

I named my desktop desky, my laptop lappy, and my tablet tablety. Going with that theme, I think I’m going to name my Glowforge:

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All. … Or Alfie for short. :wink:

17 Likes

:squeeee::nerd:

2 Likes

That is probably in my top 3 Doctor Who Episodes, and all three would be tied for first. :smile:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Ha, there was I, feeling super smart coming up with names like Haphaestus or Geordi… :smiley: To be truly original, I’ll go with Beta 3, a complete in-joke with a friend of mine. He developed a really awesome little online wargame back in 1999-2000 that started as a quick build for a bunch of friends and ended up going public. He kept fine tuning and tweaking it, going from Beta 1, 1.1, 1.2, etc. then Beta 2, 2.1, 2.3… and it got stuck there for about… 5 years I guess, as he constantly promised us (and his 3500 players) the unspeakable wonders that would come in the Beta 3… It became something of a myth, the legendary thing that would never come — “It’ll be ready in September”, he would say, to which we would answer “Yes, but what year?!” :joy:
In the end, the Beta 3 did come, and it was indeed awesome, so let’s hope the same goes for my GF…

13 Likes