What will be your Glowforge's personal name?

“Not Yours” is the name of my wireless router. I’ve often wondered what my neighbors think…

LOL

4 Likes

Glow ninja!

5 Likes

So far I’m thinking mine will be named Jade Rabbit, a favorite gun of mine from a game. They share the attributes of being one of my favorite things, precise and slick looking.

4 Likes

Probably something like “Stuxnet Virus”. Should make it internet safe.

9 Likes

Welcome @andistarnes to the forum. You have arrived at a great time to participate. Looking forward to getting to know you.

3 Likes

Ntwadumela, after the somewhat famous lion of the same name.

“He who greets with fire.”

5 Likes

Genesis 1:3 lol sounds like a fitting name lol.

5 Likes

Is that from Borderlands? Been a while since I played that game but remember it had some weird names for weapons

3 Likes

Heh. Your neighbors probably scratch their heads and wonder like mine do.

My wireless router is “EPS SURVEILLANCE”.
(EPS is an acronym for our local Police Services) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

love me some borderlands!

2 Likes

Oh man—I don’t normally go for naming my things but in this case? I think I’m going to have to seriously consider making an exception. Names are very powerful things, so I’m going to have to spend some time thinking over this one…

One thing I do know, I’ve been hanging onto my “Doc Brown” Lootcrate exclusive Pop figure to keep alongside my Glowforge…

Hmmm… Emmett. That’s also the name of the guy on the LEGO Movie—The Master Builder… Oh the possibilities are churning now.

8 Likes

Come to think of it, one of the first things I design on the Glowforge will now have to be a nameplate for my Glowforge… Maybe in the style of a “Hello, My Name Is…” sticker.

7 Likes

All my devices are Power Ranger themed.

Command Center - Computer
MorphinGrid - Network
Alpha5 - Desktop printer
Zordon - 3D printer
Morpher - Phone

But since my 3D printer is giving me issues, I may rename it Bulk and call the Glowforge, Zordon.

Unless other people have good suggestions.

6 Likes

Since graduating from college I’ve been living back at home with my parents to save up for grad school. As a result, I had to have a bit of a persuasion speech planned out for why having a laser in the house would be so amazing (that felt a little like a kid trying to get a pet- “I promise to take care of it all on my own!”)

When I mentioned needing a name for my glowforge my mother deadpanned “Nessie- that thing is going to be a monster”. At first I was a little indignant, but now…it’s sort of starting to grow on me :grin:

11 Likes

That’s one I never actually got around to playing, despite hearing great things. This one is actually from Destiny, which I play regularly (also what my profile picture is from). Since my Glowforge will pretty much squash my Destiny time once it gets here, bringing something from the game to the 'Forge seems appropriate.

1 Like

Nessie is such a cute name! All I can think of when someone says Nessie now are those ladles that have been floating around lately.

6 Likes

Haha thanks!! I think it’s official; I dub my glowforge Nessie. :blush:

I LOVE those ladles!!! They’ve been out of stock every time I’ve tried to get one :cry:

update: the Nessie ladle now has a family!
http://www.ototodesign.com/collections/all-products/products/the-nessie-family-family-pack

8 Likes

I was just looking that up! I never eat soup or anything that would need a ladle so I never had a good excuse to get a Nessie, but the tea infuser I could 100% justify. Thanks for the find!

3 Likes

Anytime!! I actually hadn’t seen the new tea infuser (which I totally need), so thanks for bringing the ladle back to my attention!! haha

4 Likes

When you go to print:

3 Likes