What will be your Glowforge's personal name?

Oh, yes. This one time I accidentally stole the Captain’s seat at a movie preview… That was a good night. <3 <3

I might have to go with “I love lamp”.
Double win.
I’m a big Steve Carrell fan and it is a lamp I will hopefully love!
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

We’re thinking “Godot” .

16 Likes

haha good one!

2 Likes

Laser Panda FTW!!!

6 Likes

Either Peabody or maybe Daystrom.

4 Likes

Kahn! No, not really. Some ideas: Tesserat, Davinci, Sword of Ralfenson, Cato, Robin, Robbie, Venus, OMG, Beam me up, Scotty! many others.

2 Likes

I first said it as a joke, but I can think of no better name… My Glowforge’s name will be…

Geordi

(As in LaForge. In fact, its full name will be Geordi LaGlowforge.)

19 Likes

might be my favorite! haha

3 Likes

I just realized that if I called it Æsahættr I wouldn’t actually be able to communicate with it from most of my machines.

2 Likes

Originally I thought mabye something funny. But now I’m leaning towards naming it “Well It’s About Time You Finally Got Here!” :wink: :blush:

6 Likes

Named mine but as far as I can tell the name is not used for anything. But there is always the possibility you might have to type that name in for something. I once regretted a very long, difficult to remember password that needed to be typed multiple times a day.

4 Likes

Drop the artwork in, scan it and forge - Dropforge at this point.

5 Likes

The Transmogrifier.

25 Likes

Damn it, you got it first…

3 Likes

The Transmogrifier Mark II?

4 Likes

Fine, but only because it makes sound more zoomie and awesome sauce.

You win this round :smile:

4 Likes

When people ask if they can use our house wifi, we just type the password in for them. Way too much trouble to tell or write down. (Bonus: I was playing with an early IOT board and it turned out that the firmware was hardcoded to not be able to store wifi passwords that long.)

5 Likes

Replicator series NCC-0001

8 Likes

Ok, time for the recipients of production units to get serious. What’s it going to be called? I think I will call mine, Omniforge 1 (aka Replicator series NCC-0001).

8 Likes