What would cause this?

When cutting today, it seems like my Glowforge is slipping and not cutting correctly - the cuts are not in the right place. The SVG is fine. What would cause this? Please tell me it’s something easily fixable :frowning:

You need to post a picture(s) for any of us to have a chance at guessing what the issue is. You can drag & drop an image here.
Welcome to the funhouse! By posting here you have opened a support ticket, if a community member can’t answer your question support will be along. :sunglasses:

Could be a problem with a belt, the head could have been bumped when the machine was on, or something else. We need a picture to be of much help.

Go to https://support.glowforge.com/ into the Troubleshooting section under Parts - there is info there are checking your belt tension.

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag!

To investigate further, could you share a photo of the print that didn’t turn out as expected?

Additionally, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @konstenccr. It’s been a while since we’ve seen any responses since Jeremy’s last post, and we wanted to check-in to see if you’re still encountering any print trouble. If so, feel free to run our Gift of Good Measure test print, and we’ll be happy to help. Thank you!

Hi @konstenccr. I am going to ahead and close this thread since I haven’t seen any recent responses. Please feel free to start a new topic, or write us at support@glowforge.com if you need any further assistance. Thank you!