Whats on your grill?

After the plant based diet project started on June 21, this has been my grill life…

So that I can live vicariously through you, what’s on your grill?

14 Likes

Roasted beets are pretty awesome :slight_smile: until the next morning when you have forgotten you have eaten them and think you are in the process of dying when using the washroom lol. Today it was sausages because they were on sale, but i have destroyed all the evidence of that meal already :yum:

3 Likes

My new target shirt. :slight_smile:

Eat beats and asparagus together, problem solved!

4 Likes

I think that is how black holes are formed hehe. Is that tofu in your second image? and if so what is the best kind and way to prep

1 Like

I love grilled eggplant…but I don’t have pictures of what is on my grill…Thursday night it was grilled pork belly.

3 Likes

It is tofu that I bought bulk for 6 bucks a slab, and smoked it first, then sliced and marinated it with onion flakes, olive oil, apple cider and malt vinegar, garlic, and whatever else I could dump in there.

4 Likes

Mmmm sounds better. The grilled eggplant will be converted to baba ghanouj. :slight_smile:

That sounds amazing :smiley: Thx for the info

1 Like

I really like grilled eggplant dipped in yakiniku sauce…it’s so good.

It’s also good with this sauce recipe…we love eating this:

1 Like

Smoked a brisket the other day and decided to try making brisket green chili. Came out great, but pics of green chili in Tupperware isn’t too enticing, so here’s pics of the brisket that went into it:

8 Likes

I did a boneless leg of lamb like a pork shoulder last Saturday.

It never really got to a good shredding stage, but was quite tasty with some home pickled pickles.

The weather, not tomorrow, is finally nice again so I can cook inside. I love my grills, but after four months of using them nearly exclusively for cooking it’ll be so nice to use the range again. Until winter when I’ll want to grill again.

7 Likes

@CMadok That looks amazing!

“ * 2 Tbsp soy sauce (or use GF soy sauce for gluten-free)”

I read that as glowforge soy sauce, new product line.

@jaltschuld and @caribis2 drool… mmm. It’s rough smelling all of the grills in the neighborhood grilling meat. But maybe eventually I will figure this diet out.

5 Likes

Not a grill but my husband just pulled banana pudding out of the oven. He generally grills a couple of times a week so will take pics the next time. He is the chef in the house.

8 Likes

That looks great! Whats in it?

1 Like

He said bananas. Now you know who I live with.

5 Likes

30 minutes later he emailed me the recipe. I’m sitting right next to him.

1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups 2% milk
3 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
4 large ripe bananas, sliced
1⁄2 box (12oz) vanilla wafers (about 35 wafers)

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Combine the 1⁄2 cup of sugar, the flour, milk, egg yolks, vanilla, and salt in a medium saucepan.
  3. Cook over low heat, whisking occasionally, for about 12 minutes, until the mixture thickens into a pudding.
  4. Place the [egg whites] in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until thick, stiff peaks have formed.
  5. Fold in the 2 tablespoons of sugar and mix for another few seconds to incorporate. (The meringue can also be whipped by hand with a whisk in a cold aluminum mixing bowl, but be prepared for a bit of a workout.)
  6. Layer the bottom of an 8" x 8" baking dish or oven-safe bowl with half of the bananas, then top with half the cookies. Repeat to form two layers of wafers and bananas, then pour the pudding over the top.
  7. Spread the meringue over the pudding. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the meringue is golden brown.
7 Likes

11 Likes

Sounds great!

Mmmmm… image

6 Likes

This is the year I discovered smoked chicken wings.

12 Likes