What's your favorite "thing" you've bought this year (that isn't a glowforge, for you who've received them)?

While I should say our house… I’m oddly enamored with my tankless hot water heater. One, it took a great effort to install, so there is the sense of accomplishment there, but just the ability to take a shower and have the water be a constant temperature… indefinitely. Heaven. I don’t have to worry about hitting the dreaded time limit where the water starts to drop in temp and I still haven’t shaved yet (that’s the absolute worst!).

Then again, my Kitchenaid appliances showed up on Monday… and I simply can’t wait to get that induction range into action!

4 Likes

Oh, it isn’t single enclosed space? Ha! I was thinking “Hangar”, so that got me to thinking that it was going to be everything within that space, dusty workshop included.

1 Like

It used to be, but we built an apartment in that space.

1 Like

Is it in pre-order already!? :open_mouth:

I think this is my favorite purchase this year as well. Well, just Zelda, the Switch is way cool, but it’s got almost zero use since I beat Zelda.

I don’t know my actual play time, but I bet I got at least 100 hours out of that game (maybe more than 200). For $50-$60, that’s pretty darn good in my book!

4 Likes

My Switch collects dust. The controllers are so unreliable and frustrating.

3 Likes

While my new workshop is really nice, I think my favorite purchase this year has to be my 1966 F-250.

It’s almost all original including the 352 V8, four wheel drum breaks and 4 speed manual transmission. There is nothing power or convenient about this truck other than how much it can pull.

15 Likes

That sucks! Is it both, or just the left one? I think Nintendo will fix them, but I don’t know what kind of hoops you have to jump through.

Favorite thing I purchased this year has to be my Epson.

Pictured here with a penny for scale.

17 Likes

I’m playing Disgaea 5 right now! I never tried this series before but I’m really enjoying it! Plus Splatoon 2 is coming out tomorrow! I’m looking forward to Mario Odyssey! :video_game:

2 Likes

I saw your delivery pictures of this device, now that’s really a large format printer.

Really nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Hirudin @chris1

It’s easy! Contact Nintendo Support and let them know the problem. They will overnight you a new joycon.

Edit: 1 (800) 255-3700 Have your serial number when you call. Some rep will ask if you want repair, some will ask if you want replacement. If repair - they will email you a shipping label.

1 Like

I’m not sure a new one would help, I’ve bought a second set to test the theory and they also suck, in different ways. One of them disconnects constantly when plugged in, and they all have horrible Bluetooth lag from a couple of feet away, which makes playing Mario Kart a frustrating torment. I’ll try calling when I get home though.

Just explain the whole problem and that you even bought a set to test the theory :slight_smile: Nintendo Reps are really nice and they are willing to help. They might replace the whole console for you? (Worth a shot - just remember to tell them to preserve the data)

My friend had the left joycon problem and I was so impressed with how Nintendo handled the situation.

2 Likes

Did you get the DLC that came out a couple of weeks ago? There is a TON more to do now. The trial is insane. Sadly I’ve been having an issue where my fingers start to go numb when I’m playing, or else I’d be playing it a lot more.

I highly recommend Blaster Master Zero. It is a remake of the original Blaster Master and it was a lot of fun to play through again. I also picked up Mario Kart and spent a fair amount of time on it, but it didn’t hold my attention as much as I thought it would.

I’d really like more of the classic NES and SNES catalog to become available, but they probably aren’t too focused on that.

@chris1 that sounds frustrating. Maybe it’s the Switch itself and not the controllers? I haven’t had any issues with dropped connections at all, even sitting across the room with the Switch docked.

2 Likes

Now THAT is a printer. And here we just upgraded to an A3 printer…

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about the DLC, but early on it seemed like there wasn’t going to be all that much to do, thanks for letting me know that there is! I’ll almost definitely go get it.

1 Like

So typical of Ford to go with a transition. If you had found a 1966 Jeep J2000 you would have gotten a transmission.

7 Likes

Got to love auto correct :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love those old Jeeps as well.