Wheel for rubber belt won't move into place

So I was trying to clean the air assist fan. I went to put it back together but the wheel to attach the rubber belt will not move. I can’t loosen nor tighten it with an Allen wrench (3mm)

Hmmm, not sure that is something you need to do. Here is the write up for cleaning that fan:

At this point, I am beyond that. Now trying to get the wheel back to where it needs to be to make the belt taught.

So I take it you were able to loosen it when you removed the belt but now it’s jammed? Would it be a right hand thread?

Just re read your first post. I see you have tried turning it both ways.

Uh-oh…the wheel looks canted. It might not be on there correctly.

It was like butter loosening it. Now, nothing. I am wondering if it was stripped for some reason, which I can’t understand how it got stripped in the first place. The wheel just won’t move when I turn the wrench to be able to loosen or tighten. Just the actual wrench turns. (Seriously have no idea how it got stripped if it is.) :woman_facepalming:t4:

Nope, and it won’t move back to where it needs to be.

Yeah, I looked at it closer and checked it against mine - it doesn’t really look much different than mine.

If you did not loosen that when you took the belt off, you do not need to loosen it now…but there is a trick to getting the belt back on.

One of the customers, @primal_healer , did a video demo of it, because explaining it is tough without seeing it done:

1 Like

It would take considerable effort to strip that bolt, so I doubt that’s the issue. I’m going to guess the assembly is canted and jammed in position. I might try lightly tapping on the bolt head to see if that has an affect.

1 Like

Hmm, interesting if the wheel is in the same spot. Ive only known it to be further to the right. The belt is not taught in the position that the wheel is in. Extremely floppy. It wasn’t floppy at all before I took it out to clean the air assist fan.

1 Like

Did you try just sliding it along the slot? It might be in the loosened position.

I will definitely take that into consideration. I am waiting for my husband to get home to see what he can do. It is seriously just stuck. Even with force, it just won’t move. Maybe it needs more force? lol

1 Like

Wiggle it. :smile:

2 Likes

Just be careful not to damage the black plastic… :grimacing:

1 Like

You could put the wrench in the bolt and try to wiggle it with a pair of pliers…

1 Like

That tickled me, but rocking it a bit might unjam it, so it’s worth giving it a try.

1 Like

Yea, just my luck it would break. :persevere: lol

1 Like

Yea, that’s definitely what I am thinking.

I’m sorry about the trouble with your unit’s pulley. I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.