Wheel number 2

Ah! I just assumed they were all the same spec’ed wheels.

The front are smaller. Just waiting to see if the can hopefully replace is quickly so 8 dont lose my customers

1 Like

Ah yes, they were yours indeed. When printed, the ID of the file was 9.7mm but the bearing has an OD of 12mm. Not even possible to fit in. I open your original file in Tinkercad and created a 9mm cylinder so you can see it barely fits.

1 Like

I suppose its time I clean the air assist fan. :smiley: Been awhile since I have had the plate off.

There has been more than one part used since the machine was created.

1 Like

Ah, that explains it. The replacement bearings I found have a 10mm OD, which is what the part is designed for. (The interior of a 3D printed circle is often a bit smaller than spec, which accounts for the discrepancy.) The 10mm bearings are a tight press fit, but there is no way a 12mm bearing would fit, even if the bore was widened - the part would split in two.

I hadn’t measured a set of the original bearings because my wheels are still intact.

1 Like

@eflyguy the gantry looks rougher than mine, maybe it is the lighting?

Thank you for posting that photo. I’ve just followed up with your email to get you a replacement wheel.

Since this conversation is now outside our team’s scope, I’ve moved it to the Beyond the Manual so the discussion can continue there. If you need additional help from us here at Glowforge, please start a new post in Problems & Support or reach out at support@glowforge.com.

I just rezied that hole and reprinted. With a bit of shaving and some a good press, the bearing fit real snug inside. I then cured the part after I pressed it in. I seriously doubt it’ll ever come out…heh.

I’ll upload the STL shortly.

3 Likes

For those that need a replacement gantry wheel that uses a 12mm bearing, here is the STL file.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing the STL of this! You rock!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.