Where do I purchase files?

Like this?

horse1

That horse but inside a circle or “wreath”. She’s going to hang it on her door so she wanted something that was kinda cut out in places but not separate pieces.

This but with the other horse.

(this is like the one @beerfaced did)

Thanks for the help!

If you look at @beerfaced example…the red line around the horse flows into the red line of the circle. That means it will cut away that white area. Plus the horse is ‘separate’ and you can ask the Glowforge to ‘engrave’ that one. Once it’s engraved, then it cuts out the white part and you will have exactly what you need.
I think @beerfaced even made his file so you can download it…bring that one right into the GF, engrave and cut it…

1 Like

Reading this thread it sounds like you would like someone to do the files for you… did I get that right?

This Etsy link will take you to a page that has lots of SVG horse files.
There are some incredible files.

There are many links here to help you.

GLOWFORGE LINKS

Massive Google Docs Link— MAKE SURE AND GO INTO ALL THE TOP HEADINGS

Glowforge SETTINGS - Google Drive

Glowforge Customers Training Center - Tips and Tricks, Handy Links - Google Sheets

A. Making boxes with the Glowforge

Make A Box: Generate Laser Cutter Templates for Enclosures!

MakerCase - Easy Laser Cut Case Design

Box Designer

Boxes.py

Online File Generators for Laser Cutting - Maker Design Lab

B. FREE SVGs

Laser cutting designs | Craftsmanspace

Free SVG Image & Icon. | SVG Silh

Free Laser Cut Templates, Download Laser Cutting Designs

SVGCuts.com Blog

Ponoko

C. Free Clipart

D. 40 Places to get free SVGS

F. Different blogs and websites

Made with Forge - Tips, Tutorials, and Freebies for Glowforge

Make CNC DIY Projects & Products | MakeCNC.com

Hacker Factor: Glowforge Notes

Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers |

G. Converting websites Farwest makes it easy to convert inches to decimals.

CloudConvert

Zamzar - video converter, audio converter, image converter, eBook converter

DXF to SVG (Online & Free) — Convertio

H. Supplies

Ocooch Hardwoods - Thin Wood for Scroll Sawing, Laser Engraving/Cutting, Woodturning, Intarsia and More

Glowforge SETTINGS - Google Sheets

I. Learn to design

Glowforge Training Center - Raster Design - Google Sheets

Glowforge Customers Training Center - 2D Vector Design - Google Drive

J. Online Classes

Online Classes by Skillshare | Start for Free Today

Online Courses - Learn Anything, On Your Schedule | Udemy

K. YouTube Channels

Lady Crockett Crafts

Troy the Maker

Fresh Start Customs

ToolMetrix

WayofWood

Panthera Press

ThinkLaser Limited

John Kuiphoff

When Geeks Craft

L. YouTube Channels to learn Inkscape

TJ Free

Logos by Nick

2 Likes

Go to ETSY.com and search for Glowforge files.
They are instant downloads. I’ve order a dozen or so, and most are from a few dollars to $10 or so.

1 Like

@rvogt Thank you for explaining that to me. I looked at it and saw a horse inside a circle. By the way, I finally figured out why I was only getting a half circle in Inkscape instead of the entire circle! Yay me!

@beerfaced Thank you so much for taking the time to make something that I completely had no idea what it actually did. You guys astound me at your intelligence! I just now figured out my circle Inkscape problem.

@awebs76 Yes! That is exactly what I wanted to know. What is the best, safest and most secure place to legally purchase custom files. I have purchased several things in the past but I need someone to make something special for me.

@JimmyWayneWestie Thank you so much for all the helpful links. When I have time, I am going to take all the suggestions I was given and read through them.

@Docsis I have purchased files from Etsy in the past but needed something custom made. Thank you so much for your suggestion!

Again, thank each and every one of you for taking the time to suggest places to look and do my own research along with those of you actually creating images!

3 Likes

I highly recommend this company. I have used them in the past when I was building my website.
This is a place where graphic artists are available for very affordable prices. And they are from all over the world.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Send a private message to @CMadok she can design what you want. She is beyond incredible!!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.